Technology Architect - SAP
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Conceive, design, engineer, and implement data and software solutions that solve significant scientific or business problems. Generate new proposals and lead those efforts. Investigate, identify, and implement state-of-the-art technology platforms that drive productivity and efficiency gains in own function and throughout multiple business areas. Act as a lead in his/her area of expertise and critically evaluate relevant technological advances and integrate this knowledge into new business technology solutions. Technology Architects will be aligned to a specific area: Information, Solution, System, User Experience (UX) or Data.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Demonstrate creative 'out of the box' thinking to solve difficult problems and champion new technologies to achieve project goals.
- Independently responsible for technology within his/her area of expertise on multiple projects. Demonstrate mastery across a wide range of data and software engineering, including data warehousing, data integration, data visualization and analysis, software development, statistics, and machine learning.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of the pharmaceutical business and utilize this knowledge in the rapid advancement of agile, impactful, and cost-effective solutions.
- Recognized and sought out as an expert in his/her discipline within the company and possibly externally.
- Shapes relationships with affiliates, subsidiaries, vendors, and industry peers in accordance with AbbVie Values, Vendor Management Office, and Purchasing to further the mission, vision, and goals of the organization.
- May mentor/supervise a team of one or more and guide and evaluate the performance of those individuals; is accountable for the effective performance of the team/individuals.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, data security, and the software development lifecycle.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 8+ years of related work experience with a strong understanding of specified functional area. Degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred. Advanced degree preferred.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of the systems development life cycle, client area’s functions and systems, and systems application program development technological alternatives.
- At least 6 years of experience designing and implementing SAP solutions. Should be able to clearly articulate how business requirements can be mapped to SAP out of the box functionality and identify area where customization may be required.
- SAP certification highly desired.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.