Sr. Manager, Supply Chain
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Optimizes the plant planning and scheduling in conjunction with procurement to ensure Waco production plans support corporate production requirements in plastics, compounding, filling and packaging. Directly manages site production planners and engineering change request specialists.
Incumbent will be responsible for optimizing planning and scheduling at the Waco manufacturing facility. Ensures that all Waco plant production schedules are prioritizing sales transfers orders based on inventory Min/Max levels. Assists in the development of departmental OEE standards, negotiates conflicting priorities and/or resource constraints to maintain high customer service at minimum manufacturing expense. Implements and monitors key AbbVie scheduling index metrics including Tuesday metric, receive on time, start and end on time, release on time and ship on time.
In addition, this position is responsible for the following:
• Aggregates annual and monthly forecasted production volumes to drive budgeted and financial forecasting processes.
• Recommends staffing levels based on department capacity and OEE trend lines to reduce inventory levels while maintaining Min/Max inventory targets.
• Continuously monitors customer demand and available plant capacities; anticipates and communicates production resource constraints.
• Optimizes Master Scheduling updates to the Waco operations team.
• Reports all scheduling index metrics that feed into the AbbVie Perfect Index.
• Works with the Head of Supply Chain in the development and administration of the annual Planning and Scheduling budget.
This position will be required to use OPEX, Continuous Process Improvement, advanced analytics to enhance site planning tools to optimize, labor and inventory levels to improve service levels.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, or related field. Advanced degree a plus.
- Seven (7) years of experience in Operations, Procurement, Materials, or related field required. Five (5) years of experience leading a functional group required. Experience in the Medical Device or Pharmaceutical Industry preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Project. Expert knowledge of MRP systems logic and functionality. Experience in SAP is preferred.
- Experience working in a GMP regulated environment preferred.
- Experience working in an Aseptic Production environment preferred.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of cGMP’s and FDA regulatory guidelines.
- Knowledge of, or certification in (green belt, black belt, master black belt) Lean Six-sigma a significant plus.
- Documented track record of process improvement / business metric successes.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple project and set priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to influence the prioritization of tasks within various departments.
- Systems integration.
- Customer driven with an excellent sense of urgency on responding to the customers' needs.
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.