Security Analyst, Vulnerability Management
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
AbbVie Information Security is looking for a highly motivated, diligent, and skillful analyst to join the Attack Surface Management (ASM) team.
The Attack Surface Management team protects AbbVie’s patients, data, and brand by identifying vulnerabilities and threats to our organization and working to drive remediation of identified security risks. Vulnerability Management is a capability of ASM within the larger Cyber Security Operations (CSO) function. Join us as Security Analyst, Vulnerability Management to support and improve our efforts to identify and reduce AbbVie’s attack surface and help our business continue to have remarkable impacts on people’s lives.
The Information Security Analyst is a key member of the Vulnerability Management team and works with internal and external groups to identify and drive remediation of information security risks.
- Maintain awareness of the latest critical information security vulnerabilities, threats, and exploits
- Provide guidance on existing and emerging threats as they apply within the AbbVie environment
- Assist in conducting and facilitating vulnerability scanning and reporting activities, as directed by senior team members
- Communicate technical security concepts to customers, including engineers, architects, and managers
- Create, modify, and mature vulnerability management reports and metrics, to drive remediation of vulnerabilities throughout the AbbVie environment
- Contribute to AbbVie’s Security Awareness program by creating and initiating security awareness tests and training activities and measuring user performance
- Communicate with customer staff on vulnerability management and remediation of key vulnerabilities
- Identify enhancements to tools, standards and processes; provide input into policies and procedures, and contribute to the implementation and refinement of the strategy for the Application Risk program on a global basis
- Hands-on experience with vulnerability scanning and reporting, including analysis of results to effectively prioritize remediation efforts
- Demonstrated knowledge of vulnerability management strategies, standards, procedures and technologies across infrastructure- and application-level vulnerabilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of vulnerability metrics and key performance indicators to senior leadership
- Experience with enterprise vulnerability management platform in an enterprise environment preferred
- Experience with integration between vulnerability management platform and Splunk or other SIEM in an enterprise environment preferred
- Excellent written and verbal skills are required
- Adept at communicating concepts to diverse audiences with varying skill sets
- Bachelors degree with 5 years or Masters with 4 years
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.