Global Asset Lead Medical Director - Gastrointestinal Oncology
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Global Asset Lead Medical Director Gastrointestinal Oncology (Open to Remote)Live
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role as the Global Asset Lead Medical Director you will be accountable for the development and execution of global medical affairs strategy for Amgens pipeline portfolio of Gastro-Intestinal (GI) assets, including evidence generation, communication, and global external engagement.Responsibilities will include:
- Gather clinical insights and translate them into actionable strategies
- Facilitate scientific engagement across a broad range of stakeholders to strengthen external understanding of the unmet need and medical value of Amgens pipeline portfolio of GI assets
- Serve as a core member to represent Medical Affairs in the Evidence Generation Team (EGT), the Integrated Brand Team (IBT) and the Product Team (PT).
- Lead the development of the Global Medical Strategic Plan and ensure consistent execution of outputs through the Global Medical Affairs Teams (GMAT)
- Partner with Global Cross Functional Leads and Global Platform Medical Director (GPMD) on evidence generation activities.
- Develop Potential Area of Scientific Interest (PASI) for Investigator Sponsored Studies (ISS), and approve competitive grants, if applicable
- Provide strategic direction for study design and execution for global medical affairs studies
- Lead the development and support the execution of Global Expanded Access Programs for GI assets
- Enable access to medicines through clear understanding and education of treatment value in partnership with cross-functional stakeholders
- Support the development of the medical communication strategy and related activities, e.g., product narrative, scientific platform, core content, publications, medical education, and congresses
- Contribute to Amgen's Global Safety and global Benefit/Risk profile of a molecule and ensure communication of the implications to external stakeholders
- Facilitate and continue to build Amgens role as a science-based, patient-focused partner
- Contribute to Advisory Board development and execution
- Contribute to Global Value Dossier
- Determine resource and budget allocation necessary to deliver on global medical strategy
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The medical affairs professional we seek is a cross-functional leader with these qualifications.
- MD/DO degree from an accredited medical school OR PhD OR PharmD
- AND 2 years of Medical Affairs experience in GI Oncology.
- MD plus accredited fellowship in Medical Oncology, board certified or board eligible
- Clinical and disease knowledge base in GI Oncology
- 4+ years Medical Affairs experience in the biopharmaceutical industry (biotech, pharmaceutical or CRO) that includes collaborations with integrated delivery networks, accountable care organizations, and/or payers
- 2+ years of clinical research experience and/or basic science combined with clinical teaching and patient care activities
- Experience with stakeholder engagement and interactions (e.g., OLs, advocacy groups, payers)
- Familiarity with global regulatory organizations, guidelines, and practices
- Knowledge of Good Clinical Practices (GCP) and global regulations and guidelines
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical product development, product lifecycle, and commercialization processes, including but not limited to, clinical operations, commercial, regulatory, and medical affairs
- History of solving problems while exhibiting sound scientific/medical judgment and a balanced, realistic understanding of issues
- In-depth understanding of scientific method and clinical applications based on medical, scientific, and practical rationale
- Track record of success working with matrixed cross-functional teams
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us. careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.