HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will participate in Amgens ongoing AI-driven transformation efforts and will be given opportunities to apply his/her expertise to enhance data interpretation methods to advise and make decisions at Amgen. Emphasis will be placed on using AI to create insights and drive efficiency from Amgens data systems and operationalizing these methods for broader use.
Amgen is seeking a Data Engineer for the Global Medical Data & Analytics Product Team to be based at one of our sites in Tampa, FL or Thousand Oaks, CA, who will report into the Senior Manager of Data & Analytics. We are pursuing highly motivated candidates with an extreme passion for data engineering, management and integration using sophisticated technologies to join our team.
Amgens Global Medical IS team within the Research & Development IS function supports platforms, technologies and applications for opinion leader relationship management and scientific exchange & evidence generation globally. The Data and Analytics Product Team focuses on developing value added product increments such as data science algorithms, advanced analytical models, data integrations pipelines, visualizations, etc using state of art platform and technologies built upon our awarded Enterprise Data Lake.
Successful candidates will have:
- The requisite technical skills;
- The ability to absorb the nuances of a large bio-tech operations global medical function
- High personal standards of productivity and quality;
- The ability to contribute in a collaborative and fast paced environment.
Primary Responsibilities for the Data Engineer include:
- Build processes for data products and service to perform data transformation, metadata extraction, workload management and error processing management.
- Implement standardized, automated operational and quality control processes to deliver accurate and timely data analytics and reporting needs.
- Contribute to the exploration and understanding of new tools, and techniques and propose improvements to the data pipeline
- Integrate the data platform with analytical tools such as Tableau, R, Databricks, Data Science workbench, Data Marketplace, etc.
- Collaborate with Data Architects, Business SMEs, and Data Scientists to architect data products and services.
- Act as a run manager providing RunOps and DevOps support.
- Assesses risks and options to maintain and fix production issues.
- Design, code, manage data & analytics product backlog.
- Collaborate and communicate cross-functionally with IS and business teams like Medical, Commercial, Clinical, R&D and Enterprise
- Continuously explore and evaluate new tools and techniques to improve the way data is used to generate useful insights and create business value.
- Craft prototypes and demos to better access and utilize data assets
- Present analysis ideas, progress and results to leadership and business partners
- Ensure systems and models meet business requirements and industry standards
- Ensure compliance with regulatory, security, and privacy requirements as it relates to data assets
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Data Science professional we seek is a collaborative team-player with these qualifications.
Bachelors degree and 2 years of Information Technology or Data Analytics experience
Associates degree and 6 years of Information Technology or Data Analytics experience
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of Information Technology or Data Analytics experience
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar field
- 3+ years of experience architecting and building processes that extract, process and add value to data sets from multiple source systems.
- Experience in MuleSoft integration, Informatica platform, Tableau
- Experienced with data modeling and tuning of relational as well as NoSQL datastores (Oracle, Redshift, HDFS/Hive, Athena, etc.)
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, S3, Lambda
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Airflow, etc.
- 3+ years of experience working with leading agile development methodologies such as Sprint and Scrum
- Experience with Software engineering best-practices, including but not limited to version control (Git, TFS, Subversion, etc.), CI/CD (Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, etc.), automated unit testing, Dev Ops.
- Familiarity with DevOps and good software practices (i.e. version control, continuous development, continuous integration, test driven development)
- Strong technical aptitude with excellent logical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Ability to collaborate, partner and influence leadership/business partners and other IS resources to drive analytic projects end-to-end
- Passion for learning and staying on top of current developments in advanced analytics
- Experience with Semantic technologies and approaches is a plus.
- Biotech / Pharma experience is a plus
- Full stack development using infrastructure cloud services (AWS preferred) and cloud-native tools and design patterns (Containers, Serverless, Docker, etc) is a plus.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
Apply now for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.