Patient Engagement Lead
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing and delivering ever-better products that read over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Patient Engagement Lead
In order to achieve our mission to serve patients, we must first put our patients at the center of what we do. There is no substitute for speaking and engaging directly with patients and their caregivers to understand their needs, what they value most in their treatment, their preferences and how to diminish the burden when participating in our clinical trials. The Patient Engagement Lead has primary responsibility for leading product and study teams through the development and implementation of patient engagement strategy to inform clinical trial design and recruitment. The Patient Engagement Lead is dedicated to transforming Amgen in building capabilities and designing methods/tools to bring in the patient voice during clinical trial planning.
In this role, key responsibilities include the following:
- Lead study teams to define, execute, measure and optimize patient centricity insights for developing patient-centric clinical protocols and effective recruitment strategies.
- Build and evolve patient engagement and patient recruitment standards and infrastructure within the Global Development organization. Serve as a patient centricity thought leader to Development stakeholders.
- Lead patient centricity vendor selection and oversight, in partnership with R&D Supplier Governance. Drive initial conversations with the vendor and the study team, and contribute operational expertise during the development of patient engagement materials
- Partner closely with the Representation in Clinical Research (RISE) Team to advance representative patient engagement and insights in support of increasing diversity in clinical trials.
- Develop and maintain business relationships across other internal functional groups that engage with patients (e.g., patient advocacy),
- Primary contact for all patient centricity Development Driven Market Research (DDMR) activities to inform clinical trial design including management of all DDMR projects within the Research Reporter system
- Monitor external landscape to ensure Amgen is best-in-class at methods incorporating patient voice
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. What we seek in you as an experienced professional, are these qualifications and skills.
- BA/BS/BSc or RN
- Expereience in pharma or community setting with clinical trial operational planning
- Experience in engaging patients or patient advocacy groups to collect insights and understand the patient journey
- Strong understanding of the implications of protocol design and operational planning on the patient experience
- Experience in defining and delivering insights to inform the business
- Basic marketing research experience is preferred but not required
You will thrive in this role if you
- Are driven by AMGENs mission to serve patients and can inspire others to act
- Are independent, motivated, team member with the ability to thrive in a matrix environment on multiple projects
- Can manage multiple stakeholder groups and are able to influence/negotiate
- Have strong organizational and planning skills
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
- This role is based in our Thousand Oaks office with some flexible home working available
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.