Senior Engineer - Asset Management & Continuous Improvement
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.Senior Engineer Asset Management & Continuous ImprovementLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world! In this vital role you will lead all aspects of the delivery of the Facilities & Engineering (F&E) Asset Management (AM) and Continuous Improvement (CI) programs at Amgen Manufacturing Limited (AML), Puerto Rico facilities. You will also serve as primary system owner for the F&E AM and CI programs being the liaison with AML Engineering and Global Asset Management, Sustainability and Reliability processes.
Some critical tasks that you shall deliver include developing, implementing and sustaining a Management System for the Asset Management and CI improvement programs; ensure that the AM process strengthen our Reliability, Resilience, Sustainability, Safety and Quality frameworks within the F&E Department. Also, it is important that you evaluate, plan, and implement solutions for process improvement opportunities and productivity. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop, prioritize, analyze and present a consolidated action plans to assure an un-interrupted, efficient, and sustainable Facilities and Utilities operations.
- Monitoring and leading the Regulatory Systems, such as Utilities Operations, GMP Facilities' services, Work Order data analytics, WWTP operations, etc.
- Ensure that engineering systems tools are used to proactively mitigate operational and regulatory risks.
- Drive a Continuous Improvement process for the Facilities and Engineering operations.
- Evaluate regularly analytical reports and monitor trends proactively
- Determine and implement action plans to mitigate risk and assure reliable and resilient Facilities and Engineering operations.
- Review equipment and engineering systems root cause analysis investigations and support trend investigations.
- Develop partnership with AML Engineering team ensuring consistence and standardization of Engineering process.
- Incorporate environmental sustainability goals into engineering processes.
- Owns the strategy and drive the implementation of AML Facilities and Engineering equipment Asset Replacement plan.
- Lead or participate on the assessment or implementation of special projects or initiatives with cross-functional teams.
- Support non-standard shift organization, including weekends and/or extended hours as per business needs.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients! The Senior Engineer professional we seek is a dynamic teammate with these qualifications.
Doctorate degree in Engineering
Masters degree in Engineering & 3 years of GMP regulated industry experience
Bachelors degree in Engineering & 5 years of GMP regulated industry experienceBeyond that, additional preferred qualifications are:
- Solid understanding of GMP regulated quality systems and business processes
- Proven skills and knowledge in problem solving techniques, continuous Improvement initiatives, asset management, reliability, utilities and facilities operations
- Ability to interpret and apply GLPs and GMPs
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills in English and Spanish and digital literacy
- Dealing with and handling change with a good planning skill
- Project management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Good negotiating expertise; skilled in facilitation and collaboration, interacting successfully with variety of communication and working styles
- Experience using creativity to define solutions, focus on innovation and process improvements with the ability to delegate and lead the work of others
- Regulatory knowledge, experience in regulatory agencies' interactions;
- Knowledge of Engineering financial process, budget management and cost analysis
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us: careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.