Black Diamond Therapeutics is a precision oncology medicine company pioneering the discovery and development of small molecule, tumor-agnostic therapies. Black Diamond targets undrugged mutations in patients with genetically defined cancers for whom limited treatment options currently exist. Black Diamond is built upon a deep understanding of cancer genetics, protein structure and function, and medicinal chemistry. The Company’s proprietary technology platform, Mutation-Allostery-Pharmacology, or MAP, platform, is designed to allow Black Diamond to analyze population-level genetic sequencing data to identify oncogenic mutations that promote cancer across tumor types, group these mutations into families and develop a single small molecule therapy in a tumor-agnostic manner that targets a specific family of mutations.
The Principal Accountant will be responsible for the accounting and reporting of our R&D and G&A activities through the execution of our financial close process and related management reporting. The position reports into the Senior Manager of Finance and Accounting and will interact closely with all levels of management and staff, as well as external service providers, including key vendors and consultants. We are looking for individuals who thrive in a team-based, collaborative environment with a culture of respect and accountability.Responsibilities
- Drive key activities within the monthly and quarterly close and financial reporting process
- Prepare/review monthly close journal entries and account reconciliations with required supporting documentation, ensuring compliance with US GAAP
- Develop and maintain detailed support for R&D accruals, including for significant research and pre-clinical projects, clinical trials, and tech ops activities
- Meet periodically with business owners to develop an understanding of operations and facilitate the accrual process
- Build robust fluctuation analyses that clearly articulate drivers of change period over period
- Assist with the implementation of new accounting standards and results of technical accounting analyses
- Work with our external auditors to support the Company’s financial audit and reviews
- Assist in the development and documentation of accounting processes and internal controls to comply with SOX 404
- Supervise staff accountant activities currently conducted by external consultants
- Assist with additional projects and requests, as needed
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of overall experience; CPA and 2-3 years of Public Accounting experience is preferred
- Life Sciences/Biotech experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent problem-solving skills, analytical mindset with sound judgement and high level of attention to details and accuracy
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and work under tight deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; appropriately communicates with all levels within the organization
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely usues standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform he essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; used hands to fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb be stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 lbs.
Black Diamond Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages all applications. Diversity and inclusion are important core values and will encourage our creativity and growth as a company. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected will be invited for an interview.