SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting Senior Manager
Black Diamond Therapeutics is a precision oncology medicine company pioneering the discovery and development of small molecule, tumor-agnostic therapies. Black Diamond targets undrugged mutations in patients with genetically defined cancers for whom limited treatment options currently exist. Black Diamond is built upon a deep understanding of cancer genetics, protein structure and function, and medicinal chemistry. The Company’s proprietary technology platform, Mutation-Allostery-Pharmacology, or MAP, platform, is designed to allow Black Diamond to analyze population-level genetic sequencing data to identify oncogenic mutations that promote cancer across tumor types, group these mutations into families and develop a single small molecule therapy in a tumor-agnostic manner that targets a specific family of mutations.
SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting Senior Manager will be responsible for the management and execution of Black Diamond’s financial reporting function and technical accounting efforts to ensure activities are recorded and reported in accordance with US GAAP and internal accounting policies. This role reports into the Controller and will team closely with other Finance team members as well as more broadly with management and staff across the organization. We are looking for an individual with a strong technical accounting and SEC reporting background who is excited to contribute to a growing Finance and Accounting department and thrives in a team-based, collaborative environment with a culture of respect and accountability.
- Prepare the Company's SEC reporting on Forms 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K, Proxy and other ad hoc filings, including preparation of financial statements, footnotes, and auditable support and analysis
- Research and prepare technical accounting treatment position papers and related internal accounting policy documentation
- Monitor new accounting pronouncements and accounting policy developments, build workplan and lead implementation efforts, including creation of required disclosures and senior management education
- Participate in the month-end close process for assigned areas, including performing quarterly stock-based compensation calculations, related analysis and footnote disclosures, preparation of EPS calculations, and equity reconciliation and rollforward
- Collaborate with Legal and Equity Manager on stock-based compensation activities and related SEC filings (Form 3’s, Form 4’s, annual ESPP tax filings, etc.)
- Perform ongoing SOX compliance requirements related to financial reporting, including documenting the quarterly financial statement tie-out. Support and adhere to strong internal control policies and procedures, identifying areas for improvement
- Manage the Company’s annual SOX program, including oversight of the Company’s third-party risk professionals who perform testing
- Liaise with external auditors and support the financial audit, including preparation of PBC items
- Support the preparation of quarterly Audit Committee communication documents
- Assist in developing, establishing and maintaining accounting policies, best practices and procedures in a rapidly growing organization
- Review annual tax provision and periodic tax filings, team cross-functionally and with external tax experts to determine tax implications of business decisions
- Perform special projects and ad-hoc financial reporting as required
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- Big 4 experience and CPA is required
- 8+ years of audit and/or SEC/technical accounting experience
- Strong technical accounting background and understanding of U.S. GAAP and SEC Reporting Regulations (e.g., Regulation S-K, S-X, and SOX)
- Life science industry experience strongly preferred
- Proficient working in ERP systems; NetSuite preferred
- Experience with Wdesk preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and Powerpoint required
- Highly detail oriented, organized, self-motivated and committed to a high level of accuracy with ability to meet critical deadlines and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent team player who is energized by collaborative and cross-functional work
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely usues standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform he essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; used hands to fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb be stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 lbs.
Black Diamond Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages all applications. Diversity and inclusion are important core values and will encourage our creativity and growth as a company. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected will be invited for an interview.