Associate Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
Black Diamond Therapeutics is a precision oncology medicine company pioneering the discovery and development of small molecule, tumor-agnostic therapies. Black Diamond targets undrugged mutations in patients with genetically defined cancers for whom limited treatment options currently exist. Black Diamond is built upon a deep understanding of cancer genetics, protein structure and function, and medicinal chemistry. The Company’s proprietary technology platform, Mutation-Allostery-Pharmacology, or MAP, platform, is designed to allow Black Diamond to analyze population-level genetic sequencing data to identify oncogenic mutations that promote cancer across tumor types, group these mutations into families and develop a single small molecule therapy in a tumor-agnostic manner that targets a specific family of mutations.
Black Diamond Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated, collaborative, resourceful, and intuitive thinker to join our growing Finance team. The Associate Director of Financial Planning & Analysis will report to the Senior Director of FP&A and will serve as the finance business partner to the R&D organization, primarily focused on Clinical Development, Technical Operations, and the Research Organization. In this highly visible role, you will be instrumental in developing best-in-class reporting, process implementation and driving key stakeholder management. A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a proficiency in building relationships at all levels of the organization and understand how to tailor information and presentations to their target audience. Additionally, this individual will support business partners in enhancing visibility, ownership, and accountability of their budgets. A successful candidate will navigate seamlessly through a variety of tasks, both strategic and operational, and effectively manage changing priorities in a fast-paced, rapidly growing organization
- Build strong collaborative relationships and drive budget accountability and financial discipline with business partners.
- Create, maintain, and coordinate budgets and forecasts; provide regular actual to budget/forecast reporting and variance analyses to R&D business partners in an effort to enable real time decision making and ensure alignment with achieving company goals.
- Provide business support to the clinical teams to help create transparency around key parameters in critical business areas including enrollment rates, clinical accruals, cost per patient, pass through costs and clinical cost fluctuations.
- Collaborating with and providing financial support for executive leadership - including creation of financial presentations, evaluation of business operations, and analyzing capital expenditures to support decision making.
- Work closely with the Accounting team during the month and quarter end close to ensure adherence to timelines and compliance with SOX Controls and fiduciary requirements.
- Partner with Program Managers to ensure alignment of program budgets and forecasts that are aligned with R&D project & development timelines; this includes a close partnership of monthly program P&L reporting and driving risks and opportunity analysis.
- Support long range planning, program/portfolio analysis, business development, and financing activities through analysis and scenario modeling
- Support broader organization through ad hoc projects and analysis
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans and recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of FP&A experience in a business partnering capacity;
- Demonstrated strong collaborative and leadership skills and effective in working with cross-functional team members
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to balance strategic thinking with bottoms-up detailed analysis
- Strong Excel skills and hands-on experience with financial analytics and modeling
- Strong experience in budgeting and forecasting
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- You can thrive in a smaller company environment and love the pace of a true startup.
- You’re a team player who is willing to roll-up your sleeves and get the job done.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely usues standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform he essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; used hands to fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb be stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 lbs.
Black Diamond Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages all applications. Diversity and inclusion are important core values and will encourage our creativity and growth as a company. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected will be invited for an interview.