This position is responsible for month-end close, equity administration, assisting with SEC reporting, and participating in SOX compliance. The position interfaces with all levels of the Company, as well as representing the Company to individuals outside of the organization.
- Prepare journal entries and reconciliations for various month-end close processes, including clinical trial and similar related accruals, fixed assets, AP accruals, equity activities, and support of subsidiary activities.
- Works in a team-based environment to issue timely, accurate and complete financial statements on a monthly basis.
- Provide support for external financial audits and tax reporting.
- Supports SEC reporting including forms 10-Q and 10-K.
- Supports SOX 404 compliance processes.
- Equity administrator for stock option and ESPP plan.
- Supports AP processes including vendor setup and clinical trial and manufacturing invoice processing.
- Manages contract purchase order process.
- Responsible for various federal and state tax filings including Delaware franchise tax, California sales and use tax, FIN 114, and San Diego property tax filings.
- Assists with ad hoc projects and prepare responses to various requests for information.
Knowledge and Competencies
- Solid understanding of GAAP.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Experience in QuickBooks and Equity Edge a plus.
- Demonstrated strong critical thinking and analytical skills with the ability to synthesize complex or diverse information from data, polices, procedures and/or regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to approach others in a tactful manner; focus on resolving issues; maintain confidentiality.
- Detail oriented with high degree of accuracy.
- Strong contributor in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities to successfully meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to adapt and work in a quickly changing environment, managing competing demands, and changing approaches or methods to best fit the situation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus in order to read.
The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, typically in an open office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or related discipline, and 5+ years related experience, preferably in a Biotech environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.