Engineer I, Facilities
Arranta Bio is a rapidly growing and dynamic bio-pharmaceutical contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO). Our vision is to be the best in class CDMO providing development and GMP manufacturing services to microbiome innovators within the pharmaceutical industry. Therapies focused on the human microbiome are exhibiting incredible potential towards revolutionizing disease etiology and associated medical treatments. Arranta Bio’s mission is to build a world class organization which provides microbiome bio-pharmaceutical innovators with a single source of supply from early process development through clinical and commercial GMP finished product.
WHO ARE WE
Arranta hires people who are committed and passionate to the goal of bringing life enhancing products to patients. We want top talent who will render ideas and a relentless desire towards accomplishing our mission; when a job becomes a passion, it makes you feel ALIVE.
Here at Arranta Bio, we embrace ALIVE – our core values that we live and breathe daily! We are Agile, Leading, Innovating, Value Creating, and Engaging.
We embrace our challenges as opportunities.
We are empowered to think and act.
We never settle; we strive to improve through purposeful creativity.
We build aligned teams who learn, grow, and deliver.
We are committed to building strong relationships.
Are you ready to come ALIVE with a daring and intrepid team? Don’t wait another minute; Apply today!
Reporting to Management for Facilities and Maintenance, this position will be responsible for HVAC, High Purity Water Systems (WFI), GMP facilities/utilities, and grey utilities supporting Arranta Bio’s Plasmid and/or Microbiome Manufacturing Facility. This position will provide engineering support for utilities and HVAC to the campus, support the execution of day-to-day operations, projects, and troubleshooting. This position will assist in investigations relating to non-conformance events in partnership with Quality, IT, and Manufacturing.
• Review BMS and Validated PCS trends daily and investigate issues as they are presented.
• Support implementation of any changes to the buildings or utilities, especially those requiring a change control.
• Develop procedures and systems to control both critical and non-critical utilities.
• Troubleshoot Control and Operational issues of Utility and equipment systems that support manufacturing and lab operations.
• Support Facilities team with repairs as necessary to meet manufacturing needs.
• Support Change Control and ECR processes necessary to make approved Facility modifications as needed to support manufacturing operations. This will include the commissioning phase as well as supporting validation activities.
• Assist in the investigation and/or implementation of corrective actions based on Facilities related problems or incidents.
• Develop and execute engineering test protocols to commission new or re-engineered utility equipment or systems.
• Provide technical support to other functions within the organization. Maintain files for facility-related drawings.
• Review and approve validations executed by the CQV Department and support the validation process.
• Update and write equipment and utility systems SOPs and work plans.
• Work with Contractors and Engineering firms to ensure proper facilities changes are implemented that meet business and regulatory requirements.
• Performs additional related duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills
- 1 year of professional experience required in engineering, facilities, or operations.
- BS in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- In the performance of the duties of this job the employee is required to travel occasionally, drive a motor vehicle.
- Communicate using telephone and e-mail.
- Phone reimbursement policy for qualified individuals
- Free parking
- Highly competitive healthcare with many plan options:
- Medical (HMO/PPO/EPO)
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Up to 10 weeks of 100% paid maternity leave
- 2 weeks of 100% paid paternity, domestic partner, & adoption leave
- Educational assistance program
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 100% match on first 5% deferred.
- A suite of Arranta Bio paid insurance coverage, including life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- Employee Referral program
- Competitive PTO plan, in addition to 10 company paid holidays (includes 2 floating holidays)