Buyer I (Temp to Perm)
Arranta Bio is a rapidly growing and dynamic bio-pharmaceutical contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO). Our vision is to be the best in class CDMO providing development and GMP manufacturing services to microbiome innovators within the pharmaceutical industry. Therapies focused on the human microbiome are exhibiting incredible potential towards revolutionizing disease etiology and associated medical treatments. Arranta Bio’s mission is to build a world class organization which provides microbiome bio-pharmaceutical innovators with a single source of supply from early process development through clinical and commercial GMP finished product.
WHO ARE WE
Arranta hires people who are committed and passionate to the goal of bringing life enhancing products to patients. We want top talent who will render ideas and a relentless desire towards accomplishing our mission; when a job becomes a passion, it makes you feel ALIVE.
Here at Arranta Bio, we embrace ALIVE – our core values that we live and breathe daily! We are Agile, Leading, Innovating, Value Creating, and Engaging.
We embrace our challenges as opportunities.
We are empowered to think and act.
We never settle; we strive to improve through purposeful creativity.
We build aligned teams who learn, grow, and deliver.
We are committed to building strong relationships.
Are you ready to come ALIVE with a daring and intrepid team? Don’t wait another minute; Apply today!
The role of Buyer involves the tactical work of purchase transactions, including purchase and change order issuance, transportation and delivery, receipt and return of goods and payment or credit preparation as applicable. The Buyer conducts purchasing activities in accordance with the Company’s policies and values and works closely with internal stakeholders and suppliers to ensure an effective purchase and receipt of goods and services to the business in a timely, economical, and effective manner.
- Reviews requisitions and supplements for accuracy and approvals.
- Accurately processes purchase orders and relevant cost accounting in the ERP system.
- Consistently follows up on submitted orders, delivery commitments and transportation.
- Provides early alerts to relevant stakeholders of delays and potential disruptions.
- Supports purchases in all divisions and departments across the corporation.
- Adheres to purchasing policies and procedures.
- Researches alternative products as needed and coordinates approval of alternates with appropriate user departments and/or Quality Assurance.
- Participates in aggressive pursuit of cost reduction without compromising quality or delivery.
- Analyzes and strategizes supplier-base reductions based on consolidation of commodities or planned volume fluctuations.
- Supports supply and supplier onboarding.
- Purchases stock items per specifications.
- Purchases non-repetitive items at lowest price consistent with desired quality and delivery date.
- Regularly interfaces with suppliers and stakeholders.
- Supports continuous improvement and problem solving as it relates to purchasing process and vendor relations.
- Facilitates returned items, RMA and solicits credit memos as needed.
- Supports internal requests for purchasing navigation and training, vendor and item code information and vendor contacts.
- Assists in inventory warehouse projects including disposition of obsolete supplies, visual replenishment systems, etc. as needed.
- Participates in reconciliation of invoice discrepancies with Finance in a timely manner.
Experience and Skills
- AA degree and 2 years of experience or 5 years purchasing experience.
- ISM, APP, APICS or other related Professional certification(s) preferred.
- Has experience reading and understanding purchasing documents, quotations and basic contracts.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is frequently required to; sit, use hands to finger, and have substantial computer screen time.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk, stoop, crouch.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Communicate using telephone and e-mail.
- Phone reimbursement policy for qualified individuals
- Free parking
- Highly competitive healthcare with many plan options:
- Medical (HMO/PPO/EPO)
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Up to 10 weeks of 100% paid maternity leave
- 2 weeks of 100% paid paternity, domestic partner, & adoption leave
- Educational assistance program
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 100% match on first 5% deferred.
- A suite of Arranta Bio paid insurance coverage, including life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- Employee Referral program
- Competitive PTO plan, in addition to 10 company paid holidays (includes 2 floating holidays)