Senior Financial Analyst
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Sr. Financial Analyst (SFA) is responsible for supporting Global Distribution & Logistics (GDL) financial processes for Actual/Update/Plan/LBE. The GDL team manages global warehouse and freight activities for AbbVie. The SFA works closely with global cross-functional business teams, Logistics leaders, and external Logistics partners to support Freight Payment Automation processes. The SFA will provide sole financial support for departmental budgets as well as manage capital and expense for several key Distribution & Logistics projects and other analysis to support day-to day strategic activities and initiatives.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Financial Reporting & Analysis – Actuals Process and Reporting:
- Prepare and submit monthly accruals, reclasses, and various cost allocation journal entries.
- Reconcile all aspects of monthly expenses working closely with the Financial Shared Services (FSS) team and US SAP IT team.
- Closely support US Commercial for various logistics spend related inquires and provide analytics, insights, and commentary as needed.
- Work closely with a third party Freight Payment vendor, SAP IT, Accounts Payable, and Corp. Treasury to ensure all payment cycles are seamlessly executed and completed.
- Prepare monthly review packages & provide results to key business leaders.
- Work closely with Regional Transportation Managers during planning cycles.
- Work with the GDL Serialization team to capture project spend, consulting spend , membership fees for all planning cycles.
- Influence multiple key strategic initiatives and lead special projects providing financial leadership and support.
- Develop, execute, and monitor ongoing Global Freight payment automation process, working with a third-party vendor, freight carriers, and internal regional transportation managers.
- Coordinate and support Global Transportation PO process and ongoing review.
- Act as a key point of contact for Regional Transportation Managers to build a strong partnership with key stakeholders and to support various project implementations.
- Participates on project teams as required. Accountable for meeting critical project deliverables. Develops sound cost-control measures to meet desired results.
- Influences and provides guidance for decision making within the team, management, and functional groups. Uses sound reasoning to effectively persuade.
- Work closely with the Global Disbursment team for invoice resolution.
- Work with the Vendor Master team for carrier setups or changes.
- Ensure financial results are recorded in compliance with AbbVie financial policies (CFM’s), Sarbanes Oxley, and US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Enforce and enhance internal controls by providing guidance and counsel to GDL business partners and affiliates in areas of Corporate Finance Manual (CFM) policies, divisional internal control procedures, and International policies.
- GDL (Global Distribution and Logistics) Finance Supervisor.
- Effectively manage matrix relationships with GDL Finance teams and the Supply Chain HQ team.
- Demonstrated strong teamwork skills. Strong business partnership skills.
- Ability to communicate as well as influence through relaying complex data in simple terms.
- Possess a working knowledge of the Corporate Financial Manual (CFM) and the ability to apply the correct policy to business issues.
- Proven ability to turn data into actionable intelligence.
- Knowledge and proficiency in systems, particularly MS Excel, TM1/ASPIRE, SAP, and Qlik Sense experience is a plus.
- Innovative with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Strong problem solving, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Individual must be self-motivated, be able to work independently, and adjust priorities as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree B.S. or B.A. in Business (Business/Accounting/Finance). CPA/CMA/MBA desired.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.