Equipment Maintenance Supervisor - Unit Dose - 5PM - 2:30AM
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Supervises the daily maintenance operations of a manufacturing area ensures that all preventative and corrective activities are accomplished in compliance with cGMP/ISO regulations, as well as meeting production schedule.
This position is responsible for the following:
- Ensures all necessary maintenance resources are available and capable to meet production schedule and established quality standards and goals.
- Supervise the daily activities of employees by providing training, direction, guidance, counseling or disciplinary action when necessary, and, in conjunction with HR, makes decisions regarding personnel actions (hiring, terminations, promotions, etc.).
- Lead maintenance tier 1 meeting; support business unit Tier 2 meeting.
- Plan and schedule Preventative Maintenance (PM) with planning and production.
- Plan shift priorities (PMs and mechanic assignments per line).
- Drive training and development of supervised shift mechanics.
- Provide guidance and escalation for supervised shift mechanics.
- Support production supervisors in management of day-to-day issues.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Assist in achieving environmental, health, and safety goals by working safely and observing all general plant and department safety policies,
- Perform all assigned duties according to departmental SOP’s and cGMP’s.
- Remain current on proper procedures by reviewing current, revised, and new SOP’s relating to the job and to the department.
- Complete and remain current with all required cGMP and safety training.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- B.S. or B.A. in Business or Technical Field required. However, a combination of education and relevant work experience may be considered for substitution for the degree requirement.
- Minimum of two (2) to four (4) years of progressive leadership in an automated pharmaceutical manufacturing environment required.
- Experience working in a GMP regulated environment preferred.
- Experience working in an Aseptic Production environment preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and SAP.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to influence and lead others and has excelled at delivering results through leading people or project teams.
- Knowledge and application of fundamental concepts of manufacturing, including CGMP/QSR.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal, written and presentation skills).
- Ability to work effectively with peers and supervisors.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated.
- Ability to work and communicate with others in a professional and effective manner, within a team-oriented environment.
- Basic user knowledge and understanding of Windows based computer systems such as Microsoft Office, with an ability to learn other computer-based systems.
- Ability to work any shift (up to 12-hours) as required dependent on business needs.
- Physically able to continuously stand and walk.
- Physically able to lift up to 40 lbs. for men and 35 lbs. for women.
- Physically able to bend, climb, lift, squat, stoop, and stretch to reach frequently.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.