Senior Project Manager
The Senior Project Manager (SPM) is responsible for planning, budgeting, and overall management of a broad range of highly complex and technical construction projects at Regeneron. Initiatives from conceptualization through design, bidding, construction, commissioning, and close out. Responding to organizational needs, the SPM will identify innovative solutions and bring clarity to the project management process. Using project management tools and techniques, core focus areas include: defining and meeting project goals, budget, schedule, scope, quality, risk mitigation and responding to field conditions and construction logistics and challenges. The SPM works closely with and develops strong collaborative approaches with Space Planning, Operations, IT/AV, Security and User teams to promote and enable clear and effective communication.
A typical day might include the following:
- Leading multiple high-complexity science focused projects of diverse scope. Science projects include research laboratories, life science, genomics, major scientific equipment, and infrastructure projects
- Leading design teams and Construction Managers in both the pre-construction due diligence, design and scope. Leading these teams through the full life cycle from bidding and construction through close out with a focus on quality management, project controls, and user engagement
- Supervising design and construction activities to ensure that all phases of work are done in accordance with corporate standards and contractual agreements.
- Establishing and maintaining highly sophisticated project budgets, cash flow analyses, and cost estimates. Reviewing purchase orders, change orders, and invoices with significant impact on the success of company operations
- Developing, monitoring, and maintaining project schedules; ensuring that project objectives are met.
- Building & maintaining client, consultant, contractor, and vendor relationships and managing conflict resolution.
This role might be for you if:
- You have expertise in project management for major construction, renovation and facilities-related projects using domain knowledge and extensive business experience.
- You are adept at leading cross functional projects and initiatives with the highest resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity
- You can present and communicate highly complex ideas, anticipating potential objections and influencing peers and partners, often at executive leadership levels, to adopt a different point of view
- You excel when evaluating, developing and selecting appropriate standards, tools, and knowledge requirements for complex construction and engineering projects
To be considered for this role you must possess:
Bachelors Degree required, Masters preferred in Construction Management, Engineering or Architecture with a minimum of 10 years experience in project management/construction management. Architectural or Engineering background with zoning, planning, design, construction administration, compliance, and infrastructure system understanding preferred. A minimum of $100 million in construction completed. Experience with Major Research Laboratories, Life Science , Infrastructure, and Construction experience preferred. Requires an understanding of current business trends, construction techniques, innovative project delivery methods, thorough knowledge of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, core and shell construction as well as rigor in compliance, and the highest standard of care. High proficiency with general Microsoft applications, including MS Project and Share Point. Experience with project management applications
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.