District Manager, FA
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
District Manager – Facial Aesthetics
The Region Manager (RM) is responsible for managing an area of 8 to 10 Business Development Managers (BDM). The RM will also oversee all aspects of managing an area including sales accountability, ensuring all BDM’s are addressed regarding training, development, disciplinary issues; interviewing and hiring prospective BDM’s, managing region budgets, and developing and maintaining key customer relationships to ensure the overall success of the Aesthetic products.
Main Areas of Responsibilities
Consistently achieves Regional sales and expense goals across the Facial Aesthetics product portfolio. Directly leads and manages Facial Aesthetics Business Development Managers in the sales execution component of U.S. marketing plans. Creates Regional execution plans across the Facial Aesthetics product portfolio. Actively participates in the selling process at the field level. Demonstrates adaptability with multiple initiatives.
Provides leadership and direction for all team members within an assigned region. Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, developing and performance management for the assigned region. Engages in coaching and counseling to develop Business Development Skills along a continuum from new hires to advanced senior BDMs. Oversees development and succession planning to maximize results and ensure team development continuity. Directs BDMs toward innovative selling strategies and approaches such as consultative selling, competitive product differentiation selling and value add selling.
Proactively develops and manages the Allergan Medical relationships with established and emerging injectors and practices within an assigned region. Builds managerial partnerships with targeted accounts, facilitates resource allocation such as Allergan VIP interaction, APC resources, PR initiatives, etc. Develops a progressive development plan promoting growing practices from local to national exposure. Established as the key point of contact to manage customer relationship issues and/or opportunities
Demonstrates the ability to execute marketing plans across product portfolio. Understands and communicates the sales execution role within the marketing plan. Ability to understand the marketing team's role and provide appropriate feedback to plan implementation. Ability to articulate strategy among the management team and direct reports. Ability to understand how individual tactics support the overall
strategic direction. Ability to understand multiple perspectives associated with key decisions. Understands and adheres to compliance and travel/expense policies.
Efficiently manages region resources including travel, expense and promotion budgets. Uses region metric planning and assessment tools (SAP, BURT, Quota management tools, etc) to quantitatively manage the region. Ensures maximum ROI for use of corporate resources, injector training, APC's, consumer education, etc.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelors Degree or higher required
• 5-7 years successful medical sales experience in or related field management
• Experience with successful P&L performance
• Experience and knowledge of general marketing principles and concepts within the healthcare environment
• Experience and knowledge of inner workings of a physicians practice
• 3-5 years successful supervisory experience
• Valid driver’s license
Essential Skills and Abilities:
• Team Player
• Strong analytical, consulting, and business planning/development skills
• Ability to develop key strategies and execute them
• Strong business acumen skills
• Strategic thinking and problem solving skills
• Proven skills to develop, lead and direct a team
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong interpersonal skills to effectively work with many diverse customers
• Strong conflict resolution skills
• Competent in organizational, priority setting and business planning skills
• Strong negotiating skills
• Financial/budgetary experience
• Proven sales ability operating under a strong consultative approach
• Ability to travel
• Proficiency with sales force automation
• Competent product selling skills
• Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds
• Proficiency in Windows, Excel, Word, Power Point and other software skills
• Excellent presentation skills to engage and meet the needs of various audiences
Significant Work Activities
Driving a personal auto or company car or truck, or a powered piece of material handling equipment
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.