Manager Financial Planning & Analysis
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Job Title: Manager, Finance
The Finance Manager will help lead the financial planning and analysis processes and requirements for AbbVie Corporate. Provides financial guidance in compliance with financial policies, prepares management analysis of all Planning cycles, Earnings binder materials, Board of Director (BOD) packages, Executive Leadership Team (ELT) slides, which include actual vs. benchmark results. Provides support and represents Corporate FP&A in key projects (ASPIRE / SMART, etc.) and initiatives to improve financial processes. The Finance Manager interacts with all levels of finance to consolidate AbbVie financials.
- Prepares and develops AbbVie Earnings binder material, BOD packages, ELT decks, annual Plan, LRP and LBEs as required, including P&L, headcount, balance sheet and capital.
- Provides relevant performance and exchange variance analysis for each planning cycle and along with meaningful senior management analysis.
- Supports Corp A Planning and monthly close processes to ensure complete, accurate and timely Planning and monthly actual results, including variance analysis and commentary for P&L.
- Collaborates and provides function support to ensure Corporate requirements are meet.
- Supports capital process, including RCE and CFM financial policies.
- Supports key projects and initiatives (e.g. planning system standardization and drives process improvements. Supports ad hoc analysis as required.
- Will manage staff indirectly, working with Senior Analyst staff members to ensure accurate analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required. CPA or MBA a plus.
- Minimum 5+ years of progressive and related experience.
- Strong financial, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written), with all levels of management and including the ability to listen well and to influence others that do not report directly.
- Self-starter with ability to operate independently, drive processes, identify and implement process improvements, establish and adjust priorities to achieve objectives and operate with speed and agility.
- Proficient Excel skills.
- Collaborates with Corporate Financial Reporting (CFR) and Treasury, along with all other business functions to ensure accuracy and completeness of results.
- Supports Tax in conjunction with the Entity Planning teams.
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.