Sr Mgr, Market Research
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Senior Manager, Market Research is an insights leader responsible for guiding the organization through objective and actionable market insights. This individual will be responsible for strategic and tactical market research insights for in-line Aesthetics brands in the U.S. market.
This individual will demonstrate leadership in translating research and data into insights, and insights into action for the commercial organization, including deliberate and actionable measurement of execution, engagement, and impact of consumer and customer tactics and channels. The person in this role will deliver results in a timely manner through disciplined program and financial management. We value a research leader who can demonstrate resilience and can adapt to changing and/or challenging market and business conditions and expectations as we work toward our mission for our patients and our customers.
Essential Duties & Functions
- Lead market research related to Aesthetics markets and brands, and Allergan Aesthetics Consumers and Customers
- Define market research priorities in collaboration to proactively address key business decisions
- Create foundational marketplace understanding through the development of treatment flow maps, market segmentation, attribute/benefit testing, positioning and campaign development, etc.
- Conduct primary research: develop qualitative and quantitative market research studies with physicians, patients, and other stakeholders
- Manage vendors to determine appropriate research methodology, ensure project alignment to business objectives and guide execution and reporting
- Provide input into Forecasting/Analytics as it pertains to annual and long-range planning and assessing the impact of competitive entrants, market events, etc.
- Collaborate with internal experts in Market Research, Literature Resources, Competitive Intelligence, R&D, and Marketing/Sales leads to generate robust forecast assumptions
- Conduct forecast scenario analysis to support decision-making by Commercial, R&D, Corporate Development, Finance, and Corporate executive leadership
- Scope, design, and manage the execution of quantitative market research (e.g., discrete-choice conjoint) to inform revenue forecasting
- Communicate results of market research and forecasting/analytics to a variety of internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Develop clear and effective communication materials (e.g. reports, presentations) targeted to key audiences
- Present and lead discussion of results and insights in a collaborative, efficient manner
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills. Experience working with people at different levels from various parts of an organization.
- Builds and manages team relationships; responds to team needs effectively and efficiently
- Exposure to and comfort with senior leadership. Understands how senior leaders think and make decisions; can speak their language and respond to their needs.
- Demonstrated ability to influence beyond current role through interaction with various levels and functions within the organization.
- Command of analytical and market research techniques; sought out as an analytical expert.
- Creatively develops solutions to complex problems; formulates strategies and approaches which may fall outside historical norms
- Demonstrates persuasive written and verbal communication skills. Is effective in a variety of presentation settings, from one-on-one and small groups to larger review committees. Anticipates questions and presents compelling stories that are well-supported and complete
- Ability to manage diverse workload supporting multiple brands and stakeholders
Specific Education And Experience
- Significant experience conducting quantitative and qualitative market research is required. Expertise in a broad range of qualitative and quantitative market research techniques, including appropriate application of data collection and analytic approaches
- Experience in healthcare, pharmaceutical and market research vendor industries strongly preferred
- 6+ years of relevant pharmaceutical industry experience, including 4+ years of market research and/or strategic analysis and planning experience
- Ability to travel domestically (20% - 30%) is required
- This position will be located in Irvine, CA
Education And Industry Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably with a degree focused in business, marketing, statistics, mathematics, or related field. MBA or MS is preferred.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of progressive experience in strategic insights, marketing, market research, business analytics, forecasting or a related field is required, experience in multiple areas preferred.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.