Director, Central Consultancy Group Business Services Group
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Director, Central Consultancy Group
This position is responsible for oversight of all activities related to the engagement of US and OUS Healthcare Practitioner consultants, patients, influencers, sponsorships and memberships in the United States, Puerto Rico and for any country engaging a US HCP. This position leads an organization of 5-6 direct reports and 35-40 staff. The position is responsible for insuring strategies for HCP consultancy, are developed annually, in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, that are aligned with AbbVie goals. In addition, expenditures in this area are publicly reported and visible to practitioners, patients, policy makers, and others, and influence the image of AbbVie. The position is responsible for ensuring all consulting and meetings involving consultants are conducted in alignment with all AbbVie policies and procedures (US & Affiliate). This position oversees organization responsible for reconciling and closing all HCP consulting agreements capturing any compliance incidents and reporting to the respective compliance committees. This position must effectively collaborate with the franchise and functional leadership of AbbVie’s Commercial, Research and Development, Legal, OEC, and Controller organizations to achieve business objectives. This position is part of the BSG leadership team and collaborates with the team developing strategies to enhance compliance, efficiencies, and effectiveness around HCP consulting and hcp meetings.
- This position leads dedicated resources ensuring the standard operating process are followed of the Government, Corporate, OEC and Divisional Procedures. The individual in this role must serve as the key driver and contributor to executive communications regarding processes, volume metrics, employee capacity, adherence to compliance guidelines and financial reconciliations.
- The position is responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system and process tracking consultancy events.
- The role is responsible for leading initiatives to enhance the consultancy processes and is responsible for ensuring that all internal business requirements and external laws, policies, and guidelines are integrated into all consultancy review processes.
- This position is responsible for developing and tracking KPIs supporting Compliance Review Committees and Compliance Insights Forums. Attends senior leadership meetings presenting data and findings.
- Develops and manages an annual department budget of approximately 5 million dollars including both vendor expense and employee costs in support of AbbVie’s annual and monthly budget process. Ensures that all expenses align with AbbVie’s financial policy and procedures, compliance, and financial and purchasing policies. Responsible to create estimates and budgets for capital projects supporting annual plan and LRP.
- Works with the various functions across AbbVie to develop a forecast of consulting engagements for the year. Assesses impact on staffing, resources needed to support and creates facts and data to support resource requests. Identifies synergies to support in most effective manner.
- Partners with software and service providers for CCG and continually adapts new best practices in consultant processing. Attends industry conferences to stay abreast of changing environment and networks to develop strategic partnerships in the consultancy/third-party vendor industries.
- Identifies and manage a portfolio of projects that are related to process improvements overseeing timelines and deliverables. Identifies and implements projects that improve the HCP consulting, sponsorship and membership experience or allows Abbvie to execute more cost effectively.
- Receives and resolves matters escalated by CCG Managers involving open issues on consultant/HCP requests. Resolves escalated issues with OEC, Legal, and business owners. Liaises with other AbbVie division stakeholders to institute best practices and simplify processes.
- This position is responsible for building a healthy work climate. They will provide coaching, mentoring, and effective oversight of the team.
- This position is responsible for deploying personnel effectively to meet changing needs of the division and manage through peak and lull periods, as well as evolving structure or divisional growth.
- Develops and maintains knowledge within organization of Global and local requirements associated with hcp engagement executed across all Affiliates. Works closely with Program Compliance and Affiliates ensure Global programs executed within the country are compliant.
- Sets expectations and directs management of key suppliers and consultants related to consultancy meetings and events. In conjunction with Purchasing, negotiates key contracts to ensure quality service levels and effective cost management.
- This position is responsible for working regularly with CCG staff, Legal, OEC, Tax, Finance and Purchasing to resolve issues and execute improvement projects in a timely manner.
- It is expected that this role will also include participation in special projects to drive key business initiatives unrelated to the activities discussed above.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhausted list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Successful candidate will have a minimum 10+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence without positional authority
- Previous Management experience required. Demonstrated ability to lead an organization and develop staff.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work cross -functionally
- Demonstrated ability to manage operating and project budgets.
- Previous experience utilizing technology to enhance and improve processes including deployment.
- AbbVie specific technical, product, and organizational knowledge desired
- Bachelor's degree
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.