AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The manufacturing Superintendent is responsible for providing team leadership to a group of employees committed to increasing quality and productivity. Identifies and analyses problems, plan task and solutions. Ensures production is performed according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Accountable for the compliance with GMPs and Company policies and procedure (e.g. Compliance with FDA OSHA, EQB) in the manufacturing/packaging area under his/her supervision.
- Accountable for the development and execution of production plans under his/her control. This may cover various shifts.
- Develops direct reports by securing appropriate training assigning progressively challenging tasks, applying progressive disciplinary action as appropriate, and conducting formal written and verbal performance reviews.
- Participate in any Company, DFA, or Internal Audit. Assure audit observation closeouts according to the action plan.
- Monitors daily work operation and provide direction and guidance to lower – level supervisors, experienced exempt employee or skilled nonexempt staff to achieve unit or projects goals.
- Investigate appropriate and effective corrective action (CAPA) to resolve and prevent the re-occurrence of MFG quality problems.
- Contributes to the development of operational policies and procedures that affect personnel with the assigned organizational unit
- Assist in the Safety and ergonomic evaluation in new or existing equipment/method/workstation and recommend modifications required.
- Help subordinates to understand their duties and responsibilities, review and approve the qualification and performance of subordinates against established goals; promote harmony among subordinates.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Engineering, Business, or closely related discipline.
- At least 6 years of manufacturing supervisory experience in an FDA-regulated organization, strongly preferable in a pharmaceutical site.
- Strong decision-making, problem-solving, and leadership skills to manage personnel.
- This position requires excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to effectively lead in a team environment, adaptability to change, able to manage competing priorities, analytical and problem-solving skills, and written and verbal communication skills both in English and Spanish, and a sense of business savvy.
- Must have the ability to take initiative and use judgment to accomplish results. Must demonstrate the ability to interface and negotiate with government agencies personnel, consulting firms, and external contractors. The incumbent needs the ability to manage and organize multiple priorities and achieve results with general guidelines.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.