2021 Manufacturing Engineering COOP
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Manufacturing Engineering Coop will provide support in our Pharmaceutical Site supporting projects of process improvements, engineering, or other related projects. This role will work and/or support real projects under the supervision and mentorship of a highly skill and versatile professionals that will help students to gain practical experience in the pharmaceutical field.
This opportunity is to support the Quality department in our Solid Dosage Pharmaceutical site in Barceloneta.
Based on the project you are assigned, some of the responsibilities of this role might include the following:
- Supporting the development of site compliance and inspection readiness system using Sharepoint, Teams, and other software such as Smartsheet.
- Development of automated process monitoring and business performance KPI/metrics dashboards and organizational management tools for the quality unit (laboratory, quality systems, QA operations, quality investigations).
- Digitization of our work, product and process monitoring, and business performance metrics.
- Improve and/or develop an electronic tool to track projects, production information, or other data relating to our operations.
- Works jointly with the Product, Quality, and/or Manufacturing Engineers; leverages the long-term technology strategies to solve issues in the site.
- A minimum of three (3) years of a college degree in one of the following:
- Chemical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Systems or Software Engineering
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Good mathematical and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher and provide evidence.
- Must provide evidence of enrollment in the University COOP Class.
- Knowledge in a spreadsheet and graphical software such as Excel, Smartsheet, Tableau, Microsoft Teams, Sharepoint.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.