At Tegmine, we believe that better targets make better therapies. We find targets that others can't. Our discovery platform uses a mix of biology, mass spectrometry, and machine learning to unlock protein targets in their disease-state. Starting in oncology with solid tumors, Tegmine is developing the next generation of antibody drug targets, which are more specific to the tumor, sparing normal healthy tissues. Better targets. Better therapies.
We're seeking a data scientist with a passion for solving complex, open-ended problems. The scientist will participate in the development of novel algorithms for the identification of therapeutic targets in large-scale biological data sets.
- The primary responsibility is the development of a deep-learning model to improve the annotation of mass-spectrometry spectra from peptides with post-translational modifications.
- Additional responsibilities include: employing machine learning techniques to prioritize therapeutic targets for drug development and assisting laboratory scientists with data analysis.
- M.S. with 2 years of experience, or Ph.D., in bioinformatics, machine learning, or deep learning.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex ideas with co-workers.
- Experience with feature design for time-series deep-learning models.
- Experience using Java, Python, R, Scala, or SQL to organize and analyze complex data sets.
- Workflow management and execution with Docker and shell scripts.
- Experience in deep learning model development with GANs, LSTMs, and GRUs.
- Familiarity with mass spectrometry proteomics data analysis workflows.
- Familiarity with biological annotation and ontology resources, such as Ensembl, GO, and UniProt.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, including equity, paid time off, health coverage, and opportunities for professional growth & development. We promote personal growth and team-building by sponsoring access to the wide variety of artistic & cultural events available in the San Francisco Bay Area.
We love diverse and interesting people. We're an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to age, disability, gender, genetic background, hair, or national origin.