Communications Manager (San Francisco, NY or Boston Areas)
Ciao! At Dompé, our success is rooted in our team and our history. We are a private, rapidly growing global biopharmaceutical company. Founded in Milan, Italy, we have a 165-year legacy of medical innovation. Dompé’s rich history has greatly influenced its priorities today: to innovate for the benefit of patients facing both everyday wellness needs and rare conditions. Dompé operates in two strategic areas in select markets around the world: Primary Care, which includes prescription and over-the-counter products; and Biotechnology and Rare Disease, which recently expanded into the United States.
Today Dompé has 800 employees worldwide and we are excited to be rapidly scaling in the United States. Our R&D hub is currently based in Boston, and the commercial organization is housed in the San Francisco Bay Area.
YOUR ROLE AT DOMPÉ: COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
Reporting to the Public Affairs & Corporate Communication in Milan’s HQ, the Communications Manager will support the positioning of Company on the US pharma and biotech industry. S/he will be part of Dompé’s US company thus also in coordination with the country’s General Manager.
The Communications Manager will act on both external and internal communication areas with these responsibilities on the US market:
• Support the development and execute the corporate communication plan for the US market in coordination with the Milan’s HQ
• Cultivate relations with the media in order to pitch stories about the Company’s corporate activities and clinical trials
• Develop and update press materials (press releases, fact sheets, press kits, media briefings for the top management)
• Build and evolve corporate relationships with major physician membership organizations and other trade organizations of interest
• Scout speaking and visibility opportunities for the top management on the media and trade events
• Manage and update the contents for the website and social media accounts for the US market
• Collaborate with the leadership and human resources teams to build and support the company culture through internal communications
• Develop and execute against an editorial calendar and prepare in advance for events of interest
• Produce reactive communications for the leadership team to share with employees and assist with response to market events as needed.
The Communication Manager will be accountable on specific KPIs defined by the Company and has to abide by the Company’s policies and in compliance with the American and Global pharmaceutical regulation. S/he will also coordinate with External Agencies and Suppliers.
We are seeking team members who will live by and promote the core values of our Dompé culture: Integrity, Speed, Knowledge, Passion, Attention to Detail, Reliability, Flexibility and Teamwork. We are looking for individuals who possess an entrepreneurial spirit, flexible attitude, and adaptable nature to join our team.
BUILDING INTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS: WHO THE COMMUNICATIONS MANGER WORKS WITH WITHIN DOMPÉ:
- Employees, Directors, VPs
- Medical Affairs
- Human Resources
- Sales & Marketing
- Managed Care
BUILDING EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS: WHO THE COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER WORKS WITH OUTSIDE OF DOMPÉ
Public relations agency
- Trade media
YOU COULD BE THE PERFECT FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- An undergraduate degree in Communications, Public Relations, or a related field (required)
- 4 + years’ experience in corporate communication or public relations, ideally in a commercial-stage pharmaceutical or biotech company
- Experience in “start-up” environments
SKILLS YOU’LL NEED FOR SUCCESS: TECHNICAL
- Demonstrated ability to exercise judgment and discretion in handling confidential information and situations
- Experience with varied types of writing, including internal communications, pitch emails, and press releases
- Excellent professional written and verbal communications skills
- Strong working knowledge of Principles on Responsible Sharing of Truthful and Non-Misleading Information About Medicines.
- Strong PC skills
SKILLS YOU’LL NEED FOR SUCCESS: PERSONAL
- Critical thinker and active listener
- Teamwork & collaboration
- The ability to be a self-starter who can thrive in a fast paced and challenging environment, and is able to effectively balance multiple priorities
- Understanding of successful working relationships internally and with external stakeholders
- The desire to actively solicit feedback on performance and skill development needs
- Appreciation for diversity of perspectives and approaches among peers
BENEFITS OF JOINING OUR TEAM
- Comprehensive medical benefits: we value access to healthcare for our patients as well as our employees
- Generous vacation / holiday time off: we care about our employees and encourage a balanced lifestyle
- 401(K) matching
- A super cool team who’s excited to transform lives through innovative therapies
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.