Director, Business Development Analyst
NextCure is a biopharmaceutical company located in Beltsville, MD, and focuses on the discovery and development of novel immunomedicines for the treatment of cancer and other immune-related diseases.
We are seeking a highly motivated and dedicated Director, Business Development Analyst to lead, develop, and implement strategies to advance first-in-class oncology opportunities into products with a path toward registration and to support partnering activities. The candidate will help: (i) analyze business opportunities, (ii) formulate product development plans, and (iii) develop presentation materials for global oncology opportunities from a scientific, clinical, and commercial perspective. The role encompasses the positioning of oncology product candidates regarding development plans and commercial strategies to communicate with potential partners. The ideal candidate has demonstrated excellent analytical and organizational skills with the ability to develop business cases for oncology therapeutics. This position is a great opportunity for a passionate individual with expertise in later stage clinical development and commercialization with oncology therapeutics with the desire to translate his/her skills and knowledge in driving business development transactions. Must thrive in a fast-paced, innovative, and growing environment.
- Define competitive clinical and commercial strategies to successfully advance first-in-class product candidates toward registration, as part of a global development strategy
- Pro-actively monitor the changing competitive landscape to propose adjustments on clinical development, commercialization and partnering strategies
- Articulate disease indications and therapeutic approaches beyond standard of care to identify disruption opportunities from existing treatment options for differentiated first-in-class products
- Identify key criteria that FDA and other regulatory agencies would expect to support product registrations that need to be considered for each indication and disease setting
- Build tools to identify combination and next-generation therapies as part of life cycle management strategies based on supporting rational including (i) science, (ii) medical, and (iii) commercial inputs
- Contribute to cancer indication prioritization and patient stratification to build a competitive advantage for first-in-class therapeutics
- Generate clear and persuasive presentation materials capturing product development and registration strategies in the form of cohesive stories to support business development discussions
Required education and experience
- Graduate degree: MD, PharmD, and/or PhD
- 7+ years of experience with past leadership functions in a corporate and product development role in biotech/pharma industry, or consulting firm
- As part of application: to submit a work product demonstrating experience in building presentations that articulate a meaningful message
Qualifications and Attributes
- A strategic thinker with outstanding business instincts who can drive discussions and translate opportunities into actionable and value-creating results for the company
- Outstanding analytical skills to research, gather, and summarize complex and diverse information and to identify synergies with attractive opportunities
- Demonstrated an excellent understanding of the biotech/pharma industry and therapeutic product development
- An entrepreneurial mindset passionate with scientific innovation to establish value added and transformative collaborations
- A problem solver with the ability to proactively define creative solutions to complex situations
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and oral communication skills, and ability to work in matrix team environment
- Self-starter, results-driven, and strive to continuously build knowledge and skills
- Proven ability to lead multiple projects efficiently, with agility and independence
NextCure is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary and benefits package in a scientifically engaged teamwork environment. Qualified candidates should email their resume.