Manager, IT Infrastructure & Cloud
Essential Job Functions:
- Direct oversight of team responsible for ensuring a stable and secure technical infrastructure / cloud aligned to Avanir’s needs, including IaaS, server, network file storage, collaboration and telecom technologies.
- Manage and support data center services including the Server (Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2012, and 2016) and Storage (Dell EMC VNX, XtremIO, and Unity) infrastructure. Manage after-hours systems maintenance as required.
- Perform all aspects of monitoring, capacity planning, performance tuning and optimization, storage lifecycle management and virtualization infrastructure within the enterprise.
- Develop effective LAN / WLAN / WAN strategies in support of both current needs and potential future growth.
- Provide specialized technical expertise in researching and resolving complex problems in the network (Cisco, SonicWALL, and Microsoft).
- Direct the management and maintenance of Cisco VoIP infrastructure.
- Advise department team members on infrastructure related procedures, techniques, and requirements to insure maximum performance and availability of the company infrastructure. Using metrics and industry best practices, recommend areas for improvement in both processes and systems.
- Ensure infrastructure security and operational standards and procedures are maintained in accordance to relevant industry standards (i.e. ISO27001, 21 CFR Part 11, JSOX, HIPAA, GDPR, etc.).
- Perform risk analysis to identify infrastructure related security issues and remediation plans. Identify and manage mitigation of operational risks where appropriate.
- Provides technical evaluations, consulting, and design for projects as required.
- Communicate effectively with supervisors, peers, project managers, and stakeholders.
- Must have strong work ethic, trust, integrity and accountability.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Computer Science) or 8+ years of relevant, equivalent work experience required.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, sound judgment, strong analytical skills, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 3+ years of Personnel Management experience (both internal employees and external contractors) in a corporate environment.
- Must be extremely well organized, flexible, and responsive with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- IaaS cloud services (i.e. Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS).
- Experience successfully implementing medium sized project and/or in I.T. lead roles.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional customer service focus and perspective.
- Ability to work with limited management direction.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio, etc.
This position primarily works in an office environment. It requires the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and frequent walking. Daily use of a computer, phone, office equipment and other computing and digital devices is required. May be required to stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings or walking in the facilities. Some local travel may be necessary, so the ability to travel by plane, operate a motor vehicle and maintain a valid Driver’s license and/or effectively navigate public transportation is required. While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee must be able to read and respond to interoffice communications as well as effectively participate in meetings. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to lift up to 20 lbs., pull, push, carry, handle or feel. The employee is required to carry, handle items, reach with arms and hands, to stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. Mental demands may require prolonged concentration, reading comprehension, understanding and interpretation of concepts, ideas and philosophies. The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described unless such accommodations would cause Avanir an undue burden.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the job holder will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job unless such accommodations would cause Avanir an undue burden. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving carts, mechanical equipment (copiers, computers, coffee machines) and vehicles. May be subject to smells and odors. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The passage of employees through the work area is average and normal.
As an equal opportunity employer, Avanir Pharmaceuticals is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation transgender status, gender identity, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. All Avanir Pharmaceuticals employees, officers, principles, agents, and representatives are expressly prohibited from engaging in unlawful discrimination. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Avanir Pharmaceuticals will reasonably accommodate any qualified individual with a disability if such accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions or the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.
Avanir Pharmaceuticals shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR-60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.