Business Systems Consultant, Material Master Data Solutions
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The IT Business Systems Analyst, Material Master Data Solutions will be responsible for delivering IT master data management and data migration solutions. This role will focus on master data related to material master data sets. Key duties include applying business data experience with Informatica and SAP system knowledge for requirements management, analysis, design, configuration, testing, and support of IT systems.
- Partner and support SAP Architects, MDM Architect, Data Stewards, and other application owners in development of solution roadmaps; understand the business processes, elicit details for new requirements, recommend high-quality, maintainable solutions, and develop appropriate IT system functionality to support the business needs
- Provide focused expertise around the cross functional components of the material data.
- Serve as a centralized contact for the business and material data steward team representing the various workstreams are impacted by the material data.
- Provide input into system fit/gap analysis and design decisions
- Identify, define, collate, and manage data quality, transformation, and validation rules
- Define and develop conceptual, logical, and physical data models to define and analyze data requirements needed to support the related business processes
- Author detailed functional designs and specifications for interfaces, conversions, forms, workflows, and publishing/synchronization
- Develop test scripts and approach for data migration including data verification, integrity, and performance
- Support global process owners and data stewards in the establishment or refinement of process metrics needed
- Build presentations, that demonstrate conceptual designs and explains technical information to business communities
- Develop Proof-of-Concept projects to validate new architectures and solutions
- Provide advanced level 3 support for maintenance of informatica and integrated systems
- Contribute to data migration and MDM plans including migration risk, milestones, quality and deliverable sign-off
- Ensure all documentation, regulatory, and compliance policies procedures are followed including SOX, GxP, information security, and SDLC
- Bachelor's Degree with 7 years’ experience; Master's Degree with 6 years’ experience; PhD with 2 years’ experience.
- Overall experience with the SAP Material master, possessing knowledge of the associated cross functional impacts.
- 5-7 yrs. progressive professional experience with data management leveraging Informatica MDM Hub E360, PowerCenter, & IDQ in an SAP environment
- Must be able to interpret Informatica MDM functional and user requirements
- Proficiency in authoring, editing, and presenting technical documents.
- Record of contribution for design, development, documentation, and deployment of master data models and systems
- Experience with data migration and integration throughout all phases of SAP project life cycle including blueprint, design, build, test, deployment, and support
- Understand key regulatory and compliance requirements as well as operational risks of the designated domain
- Extensive experience in and data validations during testing and implementation
- Extensive experience with integration testing and implementation
- Experience with master data integration and publishing
- Advanced ability to problem management abilities including problem identification, root cause analysis, and corrective action to drive resolution
- Ability to analyze complex information with advanced data analysis and manipulation skills
- Ability to plan and lead workshops to elicit requirements analysis across global, cross-functional technical and non-technical teams
- Excellent communication skills — written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal
- Ability to influence change as well as manage rapidly changing technological and business environments
- Ability to travel globally
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.