Packaging Technician III, Unit Dose Pack, A1 Shift
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Manage production lines to meet the established production schedule in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Principles (GMPs) while monitoring product to ensure quality standards are maintained.
Main Areas of Responsibilities
• Comply with all safety regulations and conduct all activities in a safe, efficient manner.
• Apply 5S and cGMPs in all areas of responsibility.
• Operate high-speed equipment for the manual or automated assembly, filling, packaging and labeling of pharmaceutical products: ensuring adherence to specifications.
• Conduct Set-Ups, in-process actions, data entry, and other computer-related tasks.
• Operates high-speed flow wrap equipment to support continuous work flow.
• Conduct serialization tasks, such as in-process inspections for production orders.
• Establish unit relationships (i.e., carton, bundle, shipper/case) among packaged products and production orders creating aggregated associations.
• Examine finished product, document test results, and determine product acceptability based on specifications.
• Perform tasks that may be verified by an independent individual; or perform inspection/verifications of work performed by others.
• Complete batch records accurately and documents production volumes in accordance with SOPs and cGMPs.
• Trains lower level technicians on the acceptability standards to accept or reject product.
• Train junior level technicians the packaging processes such as line clearances and change-overs.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Two (2) years related work experience, preferably in a high-speed production or manufacturing environment.
• Experience working in a GMP regulated environment preferred.
• Basic user knowledge of Microsoft Office, SAP experience preferred.
• Experience working in an Aseptic Production environment preferred.
• Detail-oriented and self-motivated
• Excellent hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
• Excellent math skills; ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
• Ability to read, comprehend, write, and communicate effectively in English.
• Ability to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
• Ability to work and communicate with others in a professional and effective manner, within a team-oriented environment.
• Ability to obtain and maintain Sr. Certified Operator Certification.
• Basic user knowledge and understanding of Windows based computer systems such as Microsoft Office, with an ability to learn other computer based systems.
• Ability to work any shift (up to 12-hours) as required dependent on business needs.
• Physically able to continuously stand and walk.
• Ability to work in a controlled environment and comply with gowning requirements such as: hairnets, beard covers, safety shoes, googles and/or safety glasses.
• Ability to interpret work instructions and standards of work independently.
• Physically able to lift up to 40 lbs. for men and 35 lbs. for women.
• Physically able to bend, climb, lift, squat, stoop, and stretch to reach frequently.
• Effective and efficient operation of manual and automated production equipment.
• Ability to use, clean, and store tools and other devices required for the performance of the job in a manner which prevents damage to the tools and / or equipment.
• High school degree or equivalent with one to two (1 – 2) years of manufacturing experience.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.