Executive Director, Allergan Medical Institute - Product Education & Program Marketing
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Job Description; The Executive Director, Professional Education & Program Marketing is responsible for the strategic development, direction and implementation of professional education programs for the US Facial Aesthetics Business (Botox Cosmetic, Juvederm Family of Fillers, and Kybella).
Job Posting Details
Allergan Aesthetics is looking for an experienced leader with a demonstrated track record of developing high-performing teams and collaborating and influencing across matrixed organizations. This role will require a leader who combines executive presence, high emotional intelligence, and a strong work ethic.
The Executive Director, Professional Education and Program Marketing is accountable for developing a multichannel approach to educating customers and enhancing their skills with the Facial Aesthetics portfolio of brands; BOTOX® Cosmetic, JUVÉDERM® Collection of Fillers and KYBELLA®.
Responsibilities include developing a comprehensive yearly marketing plan, strategies, tactics, analytics, customer education programs, digital initiatives and creating a continuum of learning for HCPs seeking to enhance their skills in facial aesthetics throughout their career. This role will work closely with the HCP community and build strong relationships with Allergan Medical Institute HCP faculty of experts, industry KOLs and customers.
Strong collaborative skills are required as the role will work across numerous internal and external partners and key stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have a solid track-record demonstrating strong business acumen, where she/he has successfully taken ideas from inception to completion.
- Lead the strategic and tactical planning function in a team environment, including strategy formulation, competitive and customer analysis, tactical program development, budget formulation and management, and proven plan execution skills.
- Responsible for developing a comprehensive yearly marketing brand plan focused on new programs to compliment the portfolio of Allergan Medical Institute (AMI) events/courses for HCP customers.
- Develop new content strategies and implement into AMI programs where appropriate.
- Maintain current understanding of facial aesthetic trends and peer-to-peer education formats.
- Analyze competitive activity and implement proper actions.
- Accountable for the educational strategies that drive product utilization, product compliance, safety protocols and adoption of new products/indications for the Facial Aesthetics division.
- Lead, develop and coach four direct reports, with a focus on teamwork, collaboration, and consistency.
- Continually advance program formats and content to provide “best-in-class” learning opportunities.
- Ensure cross-functional alignment on strategic initiatives.
- Develop & refine processes to ensure excellence in execution and maximize efficiency & consistency.
- Oversee speakers bureau, annual speaker training event and responsible for developing and implementing, with the team, an AMI faculty relations plan and culture.
- Support OUS product education activities and collaborate with global partners.
- Reviews and responds to changing market dynamics, as indicated through market analysis, customer evaluations, sales input and faculty feedback.
- Provide ongoing program leadership. Supervise and manage a team, vendors, and agencies. Monitor and accelerate program performance through detailed analysis.
- Develop effective working relationships with Brand Teams, Regulatory, Legal, Compliance, Sales, Strategic Accounts, Marketing Operations, Allergan Aesthetics Leadership, AMI agency partners, Marketing Operations, AMI Faculty and other staff groups that assist in guiding education marketing programs.
- Attend major conventions and lead the development of symposium programs.
- Manage and lead HCP advisory boards.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Proven ability to lead a team, coach & develop talent and to establish a shared vision that inspires others.
- Strong project management skills, a bias towards action, and a focus on continuous improvement.
- Congenial, diplomatic, exhibits patience, able to interact well with internal and external customers.
- Financial/budgetary experience.
- Ability to make difficult decisions, deal quickly & effectively with changes, and confront conflict constructively.
- Ability to appropriately prioritize and execute multiple critical issues.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with an ability to make effective presentations to customers, sales team, and senior management.
- Willingness to travel up to 40% of the time.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree preferred
- At least 10 years’ experience in program marketing and/or pharmaceutical/medical device marketing or sales.
- At least 5 years’ experience leading a team
- Experience working in a matrix organization
- Prior experience managing budgets
- Experience in leading the strategic and tactical planning function in a team environment
- Ability to set priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously with a high level of efficiency
- Outstanding organization skills with close attention to detail
- Strong creative and conceptual thinking skills
- Strong problem resolution skills
- Receptive to feedback – welcomes & acts on feedback and displays humility.
- Navigates ambiguity – positively & proactively reacts to and manages ambiguous or unclear situations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.