MEC Laboratory Technician I
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Laboratory Technician performs microbiological testing required for water used in the manufacturing process, raw materials, in-process samples, and final product following specifications. Perform microbiological testing such as bioburden and endotoxin to water samples used in the product manufacturing process and to the final product. Perform in-process product testing such as bioburden, contamination check, and endotoxin. Perform all the facilities and utilities environmental monitoring using Climet, RCS, and surface sampling. Perform gowning sampling as part of the routine program and for qualification/routine requirements. Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), safety rules, and Good Laboratory Practices (GLP). Provide support to the manufacturing area during the filling process.
- Responsible for performing the environmental monitoring to the manufacturing area and laboratory test (Raw materials, in-process sample, and finished product) following the established parameters (Abbvie policies, FDA, cGMP) and applicable regulations without impact to the manufacturing cycle or laboratory workflow.
- Documents the results of the test and analysis performed accurately.
- Performs maintenance to laboratory equipment.
- Identifies collects and submits samples to the MEC laboratory.
- Assure that all samples are collected, tested, and authorized as per the schedule and following applicable procedure.
- Assist the MEC Laboratory Service, to maintain an adequate inventory of materials, reagents, culture media, reference material, and general-purpose material for the operation of the Environmental Control Laboratory.
- Complete training and certifications on time as established in the training curriculums.
- Control and management for the disposal of domestic, biomedical, and hazardous wastes of the MEC area as applicable, ensuring compliance with Local and Federal regulations following the procedures and policies of the plant, division, and the corporation.
- Participate and promote continuous improvement to Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S).
- Associate degree in Natural science with a major in Biology, Chemistry, or Microbiology.
- Minimum of One year of experience in a microbiology laboratory at a pharmaceutical site or similar industry.
- Knowledge in: endotoxin by Kinetic method (turbid metric/ chromogenic), bioburden (membrane filtration). Experience required with the following equipment (RCS, Climet), is preferred.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.