Associate Director, Financial Forecasting - Immunlogy
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Immunology and HUMIRA Forecasting Consolidations – Associate Director
The Immunology Forecasting Consolidations Associate Director will lead the Immunology and Total HUMIRA forecasting consolidations for US Commercial. The position is responsible for developing accurate/timely projections of Total HUMIRA volumes and assumptions including biosimilar modeling for all Plan, Update, LBE, LRP, Portfolio and Actual submissions as well as consolidation for total Immunology with the support of a direct report. The individual builds and maintains knowledge of the business through close communication across a variety of cross-functional partners including executives, Marketing & Sales Management, Marketing Analytics and Business Insights and Commercial Finance.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Lead Immunology sales forecasting consolidations including file preps, process leadership, HUMIRA demand and pipeline forecasts to ensure and develop accurate sales projections to be utilized in Plan, Update, LBE, LRP and Portfolio submissions – using sound analytical assumptions and effective communication of rationale/methodology with close collaboration with the Immunology Forecasting Director, Controller, and retail/non-retail forecasters.
- Take ownership of the biosimilar modeling and scenario planning for all financial cycles.
- Drive month-end actual close process including the preparation of Price, Pipeline and Demand variance and Close commentary; communicate key drivers of performance to finance and commercial leadership for HUMIRA while leading the process across total Immunology.
- Operates independently to prepare and create sales reporting/key metric Forecasting Packages.
- Support VP of Marketing in creating a cohesive Total Immunology sales story across Total Immunology and Total HUMIRA.
- Manage and support one direct headcount.
- Works directly with Commercial, Pricing, Finance and Market Analytics and Business Insight teams to address various business issues and provide solutions through analytical problem solving, defining risks and opportunities associated with the forecast.
- Drive ad-hoc analytical support on various business needs.
- Lead enhancement, simplification, and standardization of financial models, processes, and forecasting deliverables to ensure forecast accuracy and robust analytics of business environment.
- BS/BA in Analytics, Mathematics/Statistics, Business, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Operations, or Marketing
- A minimum of twelve years combined experience in analytics, forecasting, and/or financial planning and analysis is required
- Must have strong analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills, along with good interpersonal skills to effectively work with all levels of management
- Ability to triangulate a wide variety of data sets and analytics (e.g. market research, competitive events, prescriptions, epidemiology, patient flow, etc.) to inform forecasting and financial impacts
- Agility to prioritize and quickly understand issues and assess data integrity is critical due to challenging deadlines
- Strong Microsoft Excel and financial modelling skills are required; strong PowerPoint skills are preferred
- Ability to work independently and self-starter, supporting the business and forecasting leadership
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Previous pharmaceutical and forecasting experience is preferred
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.