Associate Scientist I/II, In Vivo Pharmacology
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Since 2013, AbbVie has expanded its commitment to the San Francisco Bay Area, now represented by three facilities in Redwood City, South San Francisco, Sunnyvale and a future new Bay Area headquarters in South San Francisco. AbbVie employees in the Bay Area drive AbbVie’s research-based, innovation driven missions in healthcare. Specifically, Bay Area employees bring deep scientific expertise and commercial excellence to advance cancer care. Current oncology areas of focus include immuno-oncology, tumor targeting, tumor dependency and precision medicine. With facilities positioned in the heart of the biotechnology industry, we are able to collaborate with the best and brightest minds in oncology.
We are looking for an Associate Scientist I or II level scientist with experience in in vivo pharmacology study execution in various mouse models of cancer. The main role will involve conducting in vivo research studies from start to finish including tumor implantation, data collection, and data analyses. Additional opportunities to learn new skills and to work on ex vivo lab experiments will be provided as smaller roles, and based on project need and candidate’s interest. Above all, we are looking for a highly motivated and collaborative individual with a passion for oncology research, who enjoys working in a fast-paced and highly dynamic working environment.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Execute, monitor, and interpret in vivo studies involving CDX, PDX, disseminated and syngeneic models, etc. for various cancer subtypes
- Evaluate novel cancer therapeutics in vivo through studies such as efficacy, PK, and tolerability
- Independently lead aspects of projects or workflows
- Collect and process tissue/blood samples
- Prepare compound formulations and dose animals
- Potential to analyze and report data regularly at team meetings
- Potential to undertake cell culture for implanting in in vivo studies
- BS degree with 0-3 years of relevant experience
- Previous experience in in vivo mouse studies, including health monitoring, tumor implantation, tumor measurements, dosing via IP, IV, SC, PO routes, and/or blood/tissue collection
- Experience with mouse models of cancer, including CDX (cell line derived) and/or PDX (patient derived) xenograft models is preferred but not required
- AALAS certification is preferred but not required
- Excellent laboratory, record keeping, data analysis, and critical thinking skills
- A team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and time-management skills enabling efficiency and independence
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.