AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Enterprise Innovation group works side-by-side with the AbbVie executive team on many of the most pressing issues facing the organization, both in the short term and long term. Guidance from this team will have a direct impact on the future success of AbbVie.
As a Manager, Enterprise Innovation, you will partner with leaders across AbbVie to optimize the value of our portfolio of current and future assets. The role is seeking a high performing individual contributor who has demonstrated an interest and expertise in the biopharma industry and strong desire to advance our strategic agenda and support mission-critical initiatives that will make a real difference for AbbVie’s patients. In return the innovation group will provide high profile, high impact development experiences.
The position requires strong analytical skills, the ability to translate strategic vision into tactical action, identify the highest impact ideas and plans and focus efforts to work well in a cross-functional team.
- Support Associate Director, Innovation to drive end-to-end innovation on enterprise-critical assets through collaboration with Asset Strategy Team (AST) and Integrated Evidence Strategy Team (IEST) – topics ranging from evidence package, trial design, clinical acceleration, commercial presentation to launch preparation
- Support strategic initiatives that will address mission-critical questions and position AbbVie for future success
- Support individual modules within complex, cross-functional initiatives, including driving the problem-solving process and supporting research and analytics, and distilling pragmatic recommendations for management consideration
- Monitor, understand, and prioritize external trends of relevance to the enterprise, and help determine how AbbVie should prepare and/or respond
- Bachelors or equivalent degree required. Advanced degree (PharmD, PhD, MD, MBA) highly preferred.
- Minimum years of experience - 4+ with Bachelors, 2+ with Masters and 1+ with PHD
- Experience managing large projects within a complex matrixed organization as a consultant to a pharmaceutical organization, either as an external consultant or an internal cross-functional lead.
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to lead complex, cross-functional initiatives
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Capability building / Change management skills – leverage empathy and coaching with functional stakeholder to achieve organizational buy-in and long-lasting changes
- Highly collaborative, genuinely enjoys working hand-in-hand with the businesses to develop solutions that advance AbbVie’s overall mission
- Strong communication skills, can comfortably lead meetings with mid -level management
- Sound business judgment
- Drive, energy, and passion to advance AbbVie’s mission
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.