Neuroscience Data Scientist
Alto Neuroscience is developing a new generation of precision therapeutics for the treatment of mental illnesses, based on a platform built on large-scale biomarker data, clinical outcomes and multi-modal longitudinal datasets. The team combines world-leading neuroscientists, engineers and business executives with a singular focus on transforming the diagnosis and treatment of mental illnesses.
Currently, there is no objective way to diagnose psychiatric illness, nor to identify which treatment is best for an individual patient. Treatment selection is presently done by trial-and-error as there are no reliable blood tests nor objective brain measures, for example, that can inform these decisions. Alto is focused on addressing this need by developing new medications that are more effective by virtue of being personalized -- whereby each person gets the right drug for their brain. Come join us on our mission to re-imagine and re-engineer the treatment of mental illnesses!
We are looking for a motivated Neuroscience Data Scientist who is passionate about mental health. This person will work closely with a growing inter-disciplinary team of Physicians, Research scientists and Software developers to challenge the status quo and transform mental health via intelligent use of Artificial intelligence techniques. This position will oversee and perform analysis of large-scale multi-dimensional, multi-variate healthcare data including neurophysiology, behavior, wearable and clinical data. Specifically, this work will include the design and analysis of data to generate actionable patient insights that will aid in personalized treatment for mental health disorders.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepare Data and Data pipelines for model development
- Develop novel approaches for exploration, analysis and feature selection from large-scale multidimensional data that include neurophysiological data, behavioral, wearable and clinical/patient data
- Build, train, test and deploy machine learning models
- Develop visualization tools to interpret and communicate results
- Work closely with software developers to integrate models into software products
- Document code, results and details of the approaches in a thorough and systematic way in order to promote knowledge sharing and code re-use
- Collaborate with other data scientists, SMEs to ideate and solve complex issues pertinent to data ingestion/curation, model performance, model generalization.
Skills and Qualifications
- Master or PhD degree in Engineering, Neuroscience, Bioinformatics, or other quantitative fields with strong analysis and programming experience.
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms
- Experience with common data science toolkits and libraries, such as scikit-learn, Pandas, NumPy, SciPy, Matlab, etc.
- Programming languages: Python
- Working knowledge of Linux OS, SQL
- 2+ years of Python programming and product development experience
- Great verbal and written skills
- Be a team player while being able to work independently
- Experience with EEG or wearables is a plus
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.