COE, Operational Excellence (OE) Senior Manager
The Center of Excellence (COE) is part of the Worldwide Research & Development (WWRD) organization at BioMarin. COE provides three different types of support to WWRD: operational excellence, technology strategy and portfolio strategy. COE leverages a wide range of skills and expertise to execute business strategy consistently and reliably.OE Senior Manager manages programs, projects and workshops focused on process maturity, improvement and assessment in areas of Process Excellence & Improvement (PE/PI), Continuous Improvement (CI), Change Management (CM) and Lessons Learned (LL) throughout WWRD and other BioMarin areas, advising functional stakeholders and cross-functional project teams in the identification, assessment, definition, evaluation and prioritization of plans. OE Senior Manager acts as an SME, and potentially a Service Owner, for an OE area of specialization, including providing training and consulting services upon request.
Depending on the scope, complexity, and strategic importance of the process / business optimization related program or project, an OE Specialist may have some or all of the following responsibilities:
- Act as an SME, and potentially be service owner, for change management including providing training and consulting services upon request to WWRD personnel.
- Work with WWRD business areas to provide change management consulting and serve as a primary change manager for cross-functional changes and projects.
- Apply change management tools and methodologies to WWRD projects in order to drive successful adoption and sustainment of changes.
- As appropriate, support junior COE team members in building a knowledge base of formal change management methodologies and practice knowledge of common tools through training, consulting, and mentorship
- Proactively research, learn and apply best practices to change management techniques and tools
- Act as an SME, and potentially a Service Owner, for an OE area of specialization including providing training and consulting services upon request.
- Work with WWRD business areas to conduct assessments of potential areas of improvement such as process and/or policy gaps or other business needs analysis and facilitate the development of steps to address any areas of opportunity
- Apply continuous improvement tools and methodologies, such as root cause analysis, process mapping, RACI, lessons learned, and “Voice of Customer” analysis to business problems in order to drive efficiency and effectiveness
- Facilitates operational excellence workshops such as Lessons Learned and Kaizen Events.
- Analyze and interpret metrics or relevant data to provide business insights, support new cross-functional business improvement initiatives, make data-driven process improvement decisions, and assess impact of completed improvements
- As appropriate, support junior COE team members in building a knowledge base of formal Process Improvement/Process Excellence methodologies and common tools through training, consulting, and mentorship; offer expert guidance on process design and improvement best practices, tools, processes, and governance policies
- Provide OE consultation, skill development, and training to WWRD personnel
- Assist in the evaluation of business improvement projects submitted to the PPG; consult with business areas to refine project scope, requirements, vendor considerations, issue and risk assessment and costs/ resource estimates to prepare for PPG review; Facilitate the development of project materials in preparation for PPG evaluation of such projects.
- Proactively research, learn and apply best practices to operational excellence techniques and tools.
- Manage the full project lifecycle for WWRD operational excellence projects/programs from initiation to closure using appropriate project management methodology
- Ensure operational excellence projects/programs are tracking to key deliverable and milestone timelines
- Build plans, schedules, resource demands, and ensure adherence for business adoption, project scope, resourcing and funding; Manage all artifacts associated with the project/program lifecycle
- Handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced ambiguous environment
- Communicate project/program objectives, plans and timelines and status to the cross-functional teams
- Manage project/program related tasks, maintain and track high quality integrated project/program plans and dashboards for reporting and decision making
- Work with multiple stakeholders to define requirements, map processes lead business analysis and implement solutions
- Address roadblocks, issues and/or risks to process improvement projects/programs, including assessing alternative approaches and communicating timeline or resource adjustments
- Ensure operational excellence programs/projects are executed on time and with high quality output
- Apply change management methodology for successful business adoption.
- Establish project/program metrics and communicate progress
- Assist with compiling reports, presentations and communications for internal stakeholders
- Manage agendas, minutes, logistics and preparation for meetings with stakeholders
- Proactively research, learn and apply best practices to project/program management techniques and tools.
- BA or BS Degree preferred in Business, Life Sciences or Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience, Biotechnology/Pharmaceutical Industry preferred
- Preferred expertise in
- Change Management
- Process Excellence/Improvement or Lean-DMAIC
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.