Business Development Sr Mgr
Amgen is seeking a Business Development Senior Manager Alliance Management at our corporate campus located in Thousand Oaks, California. The Senior Manager will report directly to the Director of Alliance Management (Head of Late Stage Alliances).
The Business Development Senior Manager Alliance Management will be a cross-functional leader with experience in life sciences and drug development and an individual who creates value through the effective leadership and management of strategic partnerships.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manages a portfolio of partnerships at all stages of their lifecycle
- Identifies, understands, and ensures mechanisms are in place to manage differences between Amgen and partner (e.g. on partnership strategy, operating model, processes, relative program prioritization, risk tolerance, norms, etc.)
- Ensures effectiveness and efficiency of partnership governance
- Ensures the Amgen team understands and is planning for partnership obligations including contractual commitments and key partnership deliverables
- Ensures Amgen decision making is informed by contract terms with partner, partners point of view, and any events that could alter partnership value
- Identifies and drives resolution of key partnership risks and issues
- Partners with deal team to provide strategic input into agreement negotiations
- Establishes credibility, trust, and respect throughout Amgen and with our partners
- Utilizes cross-functional knowledge, business acumen and drug development experience to engage with scientific and business leaders across Amgen
Masters degree and 2 years of Business Development and/or Finance experience
Bachelors degree and 4 years of Business Development and/or Finance experience
Associates degree and 10 years of Business Development and/or Finance experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Business Development and/or Finance experience
- Ph.D. in Life Sciences and/or MBA
- Experience managing or working on partnerships with pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology organizations
- Experience with solution-oriented negotiations and problem solving
- Experience working in a drug development environment with the knowledge and ability to work with technical experts
- Demonstrated ability to engage with business leaders from across the organization to drive decisions
- Experience interpreting and applying contractual terms to manage a business relationship
- Experience in business development with licensing agreements and/or mergers & acquisitions
- Ability to interface and influence behaviors and outcomes at all levels both internally and with a partner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including ability to clearly and effectively present information formally and informally
- Strong emotional intelligence coupled with refined interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Strong project management and facilitation skills
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve peoples lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the worlds leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.