Senior Oncology Specialist - Solid Tumor, MM, ITP - Middle Tennessee
No relocation assistance provided for this position.
Amgen Oncology is committed to helping patients take on some of the toughest cancers, such as those that have been resistant to drugs, those that progress rapidly through the body and those where limited treatment options exist. Amgen's supportive care treatments help patients combat certain side effects of strong chemotherapy, and our targeted medicines and immunotherapies focus on more than a dozen different malignancies, ranging from blood cancers to solid tumors. With decades of experience providing therapies for cancer patients, Amgen continues to grow its portfolio of innovative and biosimilar oncology medicines. Amgen is a values-based organization with a powerful sense of shared purpose. Our mission is to serve patients.
Amgen supports and encourages our team members to have long term, fulfilling and meaningful careers through challenging assignments, career development, and valuable opportunities such as this Senior Oncology Specialist opportunity. You will act as the primary customer contact to provide current and comprehensive clinical knowledge of Amgen's products and effectively communicate the clinical and economic benefits of the products to medical professionals.
Our Senior Oncology Specialist achieve territory sales by utilizing their Oncology background and experience to:
- Holistically support and manage territory accounts by creating relationships with physicians, allied healthcare professionals (Advanced Practitioners, Nurses, Pharmacists) and business stakeholders (CFOs, office practice managers, billers etc.)
- Maintain a uniquely deep and nuanced understanding of territory, including Opinion Leaders (OL) and other influencers, treatment and utilization trends, payer and reimbursement dynamics, and opportunities and challenges for relevant brands
- Analyze business performance and create and execute on a comprehensive territory plan, which includes developing unique account plans, delivering branded sales messages, executing planned programs, scheduling and following-up with medical educational programs, and achieving or exceeding sales targets.
- Demonstrate clinical/disease and product expertise and deliver strategic customer education and implement processes for appropriate patient identification and treatment management
- Utilize your internal relationships and develop external relationships with account stakeholders, including but not limited to HCPs and advanced practice providers, to service and manage accounts, including ensuring product access, resolving/triage reimbursement issues, maintaining product contracts, and supporting patient education.
- Have the passion for our products to sustain that passion through the entire sales cycle while always building our brand and never losing sight of how we serve patients
- Partner with other colleagues to share best practices and be in a state of continuous curiosity and learning to help you grow as a Sr. Oncology Specialist
- Leverage your passion for Oncology and disease state awareness, Industry, regulatory and competitive changes to deliver agreed results
Ideal candidates have strong clinical selling skills, excellent communication and presentation skills, are strategic and forward thinking, effectively work in teams and are autonomous self-starter, experience in account management, business analysis and have a command of Oncology and Healthcare business trends.
Bachelors degree and 3 years of sales experience and/or 2 years of Oncology Nursing/clinical experience
Associate degree and 6 years of sales experience and/or 6 years of Oncology Nursing/clinical experience
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of sales experience and/or 8 years of Oncology Nursing/clinical experience and RN or Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
- Adaptability with our Core Competencies: Planning and Organizing; Leveraging Business, Industry, and Technical Knowledge; Communicating with Impact; Driving for Results; and Cultivating Internal and External Relationships.
- Masters degree
- RN with 3 or more years health care industry experience OCN/OCS Certified Nursing Certification in applicable field preferred and 2 years of Sales experience
- Oncology/Hematology experience
- Three or more years of sales, clinical oncology experience and/or marketing experience within pharmaceutical, biotech, healthcare, or medical device industries
- Product or hospital sales experience in the areas of oncology, nephrology, dermatology, rheumatology and inflammation. Neurology, endocrinology, hepatology, gastroenterology, or infectious diseases, and the diseases and treatments involved with these specialties.
- Local Market knowledge
- A Bachelor's degree in Life Sciences or Business Administration.
A Fortune 150 company operating in nearly 100 countries around the world, we invest in highly skilled, dedicated and collaborative individuals who are ready to contribute to our mission in meaningful ways and make a difference in the lives of our patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.