Corporate Affairs Manager
Amgens mission is to serve patients and that goes beyond making vital medications. With our privilege to serve patients comes the responsibility to improve the world in which they live and contribute to health equity for everyone, everywhere.
Amgen is seeking an ESG Program Manager. Reporting to the Executive Director of Corporate Affairs, the successful candidate will support the establishment and management of a robust ESG program at Amgen including the efficient operation of ESG governance, as well as supporting the day-to-day functioning of the ESG Team. Governance support will focus on the ESG Council and Working Committee, as well as keeping track of ESG integration into other meetings e.g. PSC, Board of Directors.
Amgen is seeking a passionate Manager of Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) to manage and help implement our ESG strategy and initiatives. The successful candidate will create, integrate, and manage Amgens ESG programs across the business. The ESG Manager will work with internal and external constituents to drive and improve metrics across the business and help drive ESG across the company. This role will work cross-functionally with internal partners to align on key initiatives and will influence the business to drive improving metrics across sustainability and ESG measures.
This position is a unique opportunity to work collaboratively with a small team and play an active role in driving ESG initiatives for Amgen, while engaging in multi-disciplinary collaboration and bring curiosity, creativity, and enthusiasm to solve complex challenges.
ESG Governance Management Support
- Develop and maintain an overall calendar of key ESG governance meetings
- Plan agendas with the ESG team and ensure preparation of materials
- Assist in scheduling governance meetings
- Prepare minutes and action items
Program Management Support
- Develop roadmap and project inventory for long term goals
- Develop and maintain ESG dashboard to monitor status of key ESG activities
- Develop and maintain calendar of key ESG-related activities, milestones and deliverables
- Track, schedule and organize meetings of the ESG Team
- Project-Specific Support including as needed, provide project management support for specific ESG projects for the program or specific elements
- Work cross-functionally with teams delivering ESG outcomes to track metrics, goals and long-term deliverable timelines
- Set and perform due diligence and regular monitoring for ESG metrics
Program Infrastructure Support
- Establishing and sustaining documented processes for quality reporting
- Establish well documented processes for goal setting and metrics tracking
- Establish and maintain document management
- Support program audits
Program Reporting Support
- Collaborate on design and management of a companywide reporting program that allows for annual and ongoing reporting of sustainability and broader impact goals and targets for Amgen.
- Develop the ESG reporting strategy and program implementation
- Maintain support for ESG publicly reported data
- Create and implement company-wide plan for collecting, storing, validating and distributing ESG data and content for reporting and responding to requests from key partners
- Support responses to key ESG surveys, inquiries and ratings agencies (MSCI, ISS, Sustain analytics, Bloomberg, as well as customer requests)
- Contribute to the development, drafting and publication of Amgens annual ESG reporting and other ESG communications.
- Manage timelines and process for completing annual submissions to third party rankings and responses to surveys from investors and other key stakeholders;
- Work closely with colleagues in Corporate Affairs and Communications, Legal, Investor Relations, to develop ESG disclosure planning processes
- Maintain inventory support for publicly reported ESG metrics
Change Management Support
- Engage with the broader ESG community to build partnerships and share best practices, including attending conferences
- Collaborate with internal professionals to create ESG content development
- Own the engagement plan for driving ESG into the Amgen culture developing content in collaboration with communication experts
- Understand the key factors driving scores, track progress, and find opportunities for improvement. Share updates with leadership and internal partners.
- Create visibility of Amgen's End-to-End impact.
- Eagerness to understand/work in area of ESG
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Familiarity with Excel, PowerPoint ability to learn other software (e.g. Teams, Miro)
- Excellent written and oral communication
Masters degree and 3 years of relevant experience
Bachelors degree and 5 years of relevant experience
Associates degree and 10 years of relevant experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of relevant experience
Previous managerial experience directly managing people and/or experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- Educational focus on Health, Health Policy, or Global health economics
- Eagerness to understand/work in area of ESG
- Strong digital acumen
- Communication skills that allow you to translate information for lay people and experts alike.
- Ability to think strategically to support key business decisions
- Ability to work collaboratively in team-based environment across different functional groups
- Skill in handling multiple responsibilities, priorities, tasks and projects simultaneously
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and uses its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve peoples lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the worlds leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.