Solution Architect - SAP
Enterprise Architecture are technology thought leaders, helping to drive Amgens digital innovation ambitions. We align technology strategies and solutions to business imperatives, optimize the value of our technology investments and govern IT architecture standards and practices across the data, application, integration and infrastructure layers; creating value for our staff, our business partners, our shareholders and most importantly our patients.
In this role, the Enterprise SAP Solution Architect will be accountable for the advancement of Amgens clinical trial supply management technology architecture using industry-leading SaaS, PaaS and IaaS platforms and Amgens SAP, Enterprise Data Lake, Enterprise Data Fabric and DevOps framework. This role will proactively lead the collaboration and engagement with the IS and business process teams in delivering best practice solutions based on business & industry best practices and drive the Global ERP solution roadmap within Amgen. The Solution Architect is a member of Amgen's Operations IS team, supporting Global Supply Chain functions, and will collaborate effectly with business partners, IT architects, engineers, developers and UX practitioners to deliver world-class clinical trial execution and management capabilities.
- Bachelors Degree & 5+ years of SAP configuration and functional experience in the core end-to-end Plan to Stock and Order to Cash processes (experienced in Make to Stock & Make to Order environments) with a strong focus on Production Planning and Manufacturing, Materials Management, Batch Management, Quality Management, Order Processing and Returns, Warehouse management, Logistics execution and Track and Trace.
- Experience in integration of SAP with applications like Werum (MES) and Trackwise (QMS).
- Good understanding of SAP IDOC Integration, Workflow and ABAP programming.
- 2+ years of experience working with software systems validation, SOX, Information Privacy, FDA cGxP and 21 CFR Part 11regulations
- Experience in business process re-engineering or process improvement, involving broad-based information systems, utilizing tools and techniques to effect business change.
- Experience with leading solution architecture, template design and project planning efforts for complex, global SAP deployments.
- Ability to develop clear and detailed business requirements and design specifications that can be understood by other delivery teams and business partners
- Ability to translate business requirements into design options that are cost effective, efficient, re-usable that comply with defined architectural principles and standards and that enhance the business process
- Experience working effectively in a globally dispersed team environment.
- High learning agility, problem solving, creative and analytical thinking.
- Self-starter who can operate effectively in a complex and dynamic working environment, maintain focus on the big picture, and collect, digest and assemble information from various sources to architect technical solutions that delight our internal and external customers.
Key Activities for Role include:
- Collaborate with business partners and product teams to convert functional requirements and business outcomes into scalable, efficient and supportable technology solutions, with an emphasis on cloud infrastructure, connected cloud applications and data fabric/data lake architectures.
- Provide detailed technical specifications and guidance to engineers, developers and other product team members.
- Design business solutions using Amgens City Planning technology ecosystem, including Salesforce, AWS, Azure, Mulesoft, Kafka, Databricks, Jenkins, Kubernetes and SAP, among others.
- Create roadmaps for product teams for continual technology enhancements and retirement of technical debt.
- Provide guidance and troubleshooting support for complex production incidents, as needed.
- Effectively communicate with senior leadership and peers, including strong writing skills to draft and publish technical documentation, SOPs, architectural specifications, business cases, etc.
- Domestic travel up to 10% may be required in future.
Masters degree and 3 years of Solutions Architecture experience
Bachelors degree and 5 years of Solutions Architecture experience
Associates degree and 10 years of Solutions Architecture experience
This role may be eligible for location and working hours flexibility, pending review and approval by Amgen Human Resources.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.