Research Associate III/IV
Manager: Scientist II
Department: Development (Biomarker and BioAnalytical Sciences)
Location: Brisbane, CA
Sangamo Therapeutics is a genomic medicine company building value with cutting-edge work across four distinct but complementary technology platforms – gene therapy, cell therapy, in vivo genome editing, and in vivo genome regulation. At Sangamo, we are passionate in developing genomic medicines to transform the lives of patients with serious diseases. We transform lives by building a robust, sustainable, differentiated, innovative, and high value genomic medicine pipeline that addresses patients with life-limiting conditions. Sangamo takes pride in being the first to edit endogenous human genes, first to treat patients with gene edited T cells, and first to treat patients with in vivo genome editing. Our top priority is to meet the needs of patients with commitment and compassion. Along with our commitment to science and to our patients, we also endeavor to create an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity. Sangamo is a company where individuals can flourish, grow and develop their expertise.
We are seeking top talent to join our mission. Let’s build a better future together.
Sangamo Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate III/IV with hands-on experience in developing bioanalytical assays to support Sangamo therapeutic programs. The successful candidate will be involved in development, optimization and qualification of immunogenicity and biomarker assays. The position requires the adaptability to work in a group environment as well as independently.
- Develop and qualify immunogenicity and biomarker assays, including anti-drug total antibody assay, enzymatic neutralizing antibody assay, cell-based neutralizing antibody assay, enzymatic assay and ligand-binding based biomarker assay.
- Perform sample analysis based on established procedures and practices; work closely with sample management group
- Analyzes, summarize and present data
- Make detailed observation and identify problems in experiments; suggest improvements and trouble-shooting strategies
- Prepare documents including SOPs, qualification plans, qualification reports, study phase reports, and other related documents; maintain excellent lab notebook documentation practices
- Read literature associated with assigned projects and related areas
- Participate in internal and external scientific meetings and conferences
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- B.S. or M.S. in biochemistry, immunology, cell biology, or related field with 4- 6+ years of relevant industry experience in a biotechnology company
- Good understanding and hands-on experience of bioanalytical methods including ELISA, MSD, FACS, etc.
- Experience in immunogenicity or biomarker assay is a strong plus
- Effective in experiment design, data interpretation and troubleshooting
- Excellent organizational skills, time management skills and ability
- Excellent ability to work independently and build open and collaborative relationship
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other relevant data analysis software (SoftMaxPro, JMP, Prism, etc.)
- Strong written and oral communications skills; highly motivated and strong work ethics
Sangamo is an equal opportunity employer
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
The above duties are representative only; management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.