Data Insights Lead
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The AbbVie Endocrinology Inc. (AEI) Strategy & Insights team is working to transform AEI into an agile data driven organization. This is a great opportunity to be a part of this team in leading the delivery of mid to large-scale, functional and cross-functional initiatives designed to uncover business insights helping improve efficiency & decision making. The AEI Insights Lead will be leaned upon as the deep domain expert from both a functional and technical standpoint in overall solution delivery. This individual will use a broad understanding of the access and reimbursement ecosystem paired with patient services information needs to own business relationships and lead a team in the execution of data-driven initiatives across disciplines and subject areas. Additionally, this individual will be responsible for demonstrating practical and innovative approaches while helping drive the data strategy and insights objectives for AEI. The ideal candidate will be a proponent for innovation, best practices, sound design with data & information optimization in mind, strong development habits, and efficient team/project structures.
The AEI Insights Lead will be responsible for driving standard and advanced analytics and maturing data insights generation at AEI, supporting multiple use cases across various business organizations; covering but not limited to business performance driver insights, efficiency opportunity assessments and recommendations, machine learning analytics, deep learning analytics. The use cases cover areas in access and reimbursement support, patient journeys, patient services, call center operations, commercial operations, patient assistance programs, and pharmacy services.
The successful AEI Insights Lead will translate business needs into analytical questions and own the execution of solution exploration and delivery; lead teams in conducting data exploration leveraging data from integrated and disparate data sources across AEI and externally (including data lakes, traditional relational and non-relational databases); guide the development of advanced analytics model specification with business context; lead analyses of data for strategic, operational, and analytical purposes; and effectively translate these analytical findings into leading information for our business partners.
Job Roles & Responsibilities
- Direct point of contact for functional and cross-functional initiatives across AEI helping shape the strategic roadmap and prioritization aligned with business objectives.
- Develop and sustain relationships with business stakeholders while gaining a broader understanding of strategic objectives from an insight generation perspective.
- Anticipate business requirements and planning capability needs through relationships and deep understanding of the business.
- Lead definition of design specifications and execution for medium to high complexity business insights initiatives leveraging a deep understanding of the following technologies and concepts: data lakes, relational and non-relational databases, data engineering/ETL, machine learning, deep learning, natural language processing, business-driven data exploration, web solution architecture.
- Drive visibility to critical business Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and data points to provide insights supporting operational excellence and exceptional patient experience.
- Provide innovative solution ideas along with execution strategies to help drive business insights across AEI.
- Lead a team of resources in overall solution execution from requirements gathering to capability deployment.
- Master's degree or Bachelor's degree ( Preferred -. applied math, operation research, computer science, engineering, etc.)
- Lifesciences, healthcare analytics background required.
- 7+ combined years in BI/DW and Analytics; experience will include one or more of the following: Data Analyst, Systems Analyst, Data Architect, Analytics/Reporting Architect
- 7+ combined years of experience with navigating in both relational (Teradata, Oracle, etc.) and non-relational (Hadoop) database/data lake environments to produce outputs (reports, data extracts, etc.). 3+ years of experience in non-relational data environment required.
- 5+ years of experience working with Business Intelligence tools such as QlikView, Qlik Sense, Power BI, Tableau, etc.
- 5+ years of experience working with ETL tools such as Informatica PowerCenter, Informatica Cloud, etc.
- 3+ years of experience working with R/Python to deliver AI-based solutions; familiarity with libraries such as Tensorflow, café, Pytorch, etc.
- 3+ years of experience in delivering web-based solutions leveraging the following technologies: web services, AngularJS, HTML, .NET.
- Strong data modeling skillset required.
- Strong SQL skillset required.
- Proven track record in project delivery involving business and technical teams.
- Experience with managing teams consisting of onshore/offshore/near shore resources.
- Experience with times series forecasting, Monte Carlo analysis, spatial analysis, and/or machine learning (random forest, neural nets, SVM, etc.)
- Knowledge around impacting, emerging and vendor trends in the BI/DW/Analytics/AI space.
- Knowledge of Java/Scala/Apache Spark is a bonus.
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards affecting Pharmaceutical Products (e.g. CFR 210/211, cGMP) as well as knowledge of the applicable regulations affecting the practice of pharmacy (federal, state, and local as well as HIPAA) is a bonus.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.