Federal Account Executive - Imbruvica, North
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Federal Account Executive will develop strong relationships within a targeted list of VA and DoD customers for Imbruvica. This field-based role will be responsible for 6 VISNs (Veteran Integrated Service Network) and DoD accounts covering the states of ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NY, NJ, PA, DE, OH, IN, MI, IL, WI, MO, & KS. Responsibilities include PBM, VISN, VAMC, DoD MTF, PEC, etc. This Federal Account Executive is responsible for executing all strategies and tactics within each of their accounts as well as offering field support to sales when appropriate. The candidate will discuss the value proposition for Imbruvica as well as pharmacoeconomic models and relevant topics for an oral oncolytic medicine. This candidate will operate with multiple internal stakeholders including Medical, HECOR, Marketing, and Sales colleagues.
- Assist the Director of Federal Accounts with formulating strategy, tactics, business plans, and presentations to senior management.
- Able to access accounts for on-label product specific discussions.
- Work with Key VISN level Executives and all Formulary Leadership members to ensure appropriate coverage and access for all company products and indications.
- Assist in resolving any access issues.
- Be willing to take on special projects that will help facilitate access for company portfolio.
- Cover all accounts within geography as well as travel outside of geography for conferences and internal meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- Ten years of commercial experience in the pharmaceutical industry required. At least 3 years experience in account management within Group Practice/Payor/Institutional environment preferred. Significant sales and/or sales management experience will also be considered.
- An overall knowledge of Federal Markets, Policies, and first-hand account management experience is strongly preferred.
- Strong business acumen; analytical ability to analyze diverse sets of data using multiple tools and define account/contracting strategies that drive business objectives.
- Demonstrated understanding of how to maintain product pricing structure and market share through forward-thinking, innovative strategies that align with Pharmacyclics / AbbVie and customer objectives.
- Effectively demonstrate leadership skills; ability to lead without direct authority. Has experience with successfully leading diverse teams on complex projects or challenges to achieve results.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
In addition to passing Pharmacyclics/AbbVie background screening, the employee must submit to and pass additional background screening as required by some institutions and health facility sales accounts (additional screening requests may include but are not limited to background checks, immunization, TB, HIV, hepatitis, and drug screening).
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 75 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.