Research Associate, Cell Based Assay Development
About Mantra Bio:
At Mantra Bio, we seek to eliminate disease-related suffering to enhance the well-being of all. We believe that the key to creating cures is targeted, tissue-specific delivery of therapeutics for dramatically increased efficacy and reduced toxicity. To achieve this, our team of biologists, data scientists, and platform engineers have created REVEALTM, a targeted cargo delivery platform that harnesses exosomes, the body's natural cellular transport system, to create highly tunable exosome therapeutics for some of the most devastating diseases. The foundation of our success is our truly interdisciplinary team of experts who work collaboratively to use the power of data science to fuel and accelerate our wet-lab successes. As a team, we value Self-Empowerment, Candor, Curiosity, and Collaboration and consider our human-centric culture to be our most important asset. We are proud to count 8VC, Viking, Illumina, Allen & Company and TenCent among our investors. Mantra Bio operates out of a newly constructed facility in South San Francisco.
About the role:
Mantra Bio is seeking a highly motivated cell biologist to develop, execute, and maintain critical cell-based assays in support of our exosome therapeutics programs, as part of our Preclinical Team. You will work directly with a team of experienced preclinical scientists, driving the characterization and evaluation of our therapeutic programs. You will work cross-functionally with scientists, engineers, and data scientists to execute critical in vitro assays in a fast, nimble culture. You are operationally minded, able to run multiple projects in parallel, and willing to do what it takes to drive the team and projects forward. A successful applicant will have prior hands-on experience with mammalian cell culture and protein measurements, in addition to a variety of other cell biology technologies.
- Assist R&D scientists in the development and execution of in vitro assays, including but not limited to flow cytometry, RT-qPCR, western blotting, ELISA, and microscopy.
- Maintain cultures of multiple mammalian cells lines, simultaneously.
- Maintain preclinical team tissue culture facility.
- Independently plan and execute experiments. Organize, analyze, and communicate results in team meetings.
- Troubleshoot and optimize assays through data interpretation and identification of novel or alternate procedures and techniques.
- B.A./B.S. degree with 2+ years of experience or MS degree with 1+ years of experience. Industry experience preferred.
- 2+ years of mammalian cell culture experience, handling multiple cell lines, with strong aseptic technique.
- Experience designing and executing experiments using equipment such as plate readers and microscopes.
- Experience with flow cytometry, RT-qPCR, ELISA, western blot and ICC is preferred.
- Ability to design and implement adequate experimental controls.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including clear, succinct, and timely communication and proven ability to foster strong relationships with other team members and stakeholders.
- Highly self-motivated and detail-oriented, with proven ability to work in a dynamic, fast-moving team.
- Comfortable working with a data-driven team and collaborating with research scientists, data scientists and platform engineers from different backgrounds.
Mantra Bio’s Culture:
At Mantra Bio, we value Self-Empowerment, Candor, Curiosity, and Collaboration. We take pride in being a human centric, collaborative work place that brings wildly intelligent and business savvy Top Talents together to build the next revolution in targeted drug delivery. We believe that a great team makes a successful company and we trust each team member to do what’s best for the organization. We believe that a culture of feedback in an environment of empathy and respect is essential to cultivating curiosity and learning, leading to personal growth and the growth of our organization. Most importantly, we love handing out Kudos, being creative and celebrating our success together. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- Comprehensive health benefits package
- Meaningful stock option grants
- Flexible PTO and year-end shutdown
- Generous Parental Leave program
- Growth-oriented professional development opportunities
- Team-building events
- Fully stocked kitchen