Senior Director of Project Management
Senior Director of Project Management at Teon Therapeutics, Redwood City, CA
Job Type: Full-time
Work Authorization: United States (Required)
Teon Therapeutics, a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, dedicated to improving the lives of cancer patients by developing a focused portfolio of small molecules targeting immunosuppressive and cancer-promoting signaling pathways in the tumor microenvironment, is seeking a highly motivated Senior Director of Project Management to partner with project leads to create project plan, coordinate critical activities, track project progress and timeline. This role is highly cross-functional and broadly engaged across the organization. The Senior Director will drive projects through key development milestones, decision points and will be responsible for keeping the projects on schedule and within budget.
The Senior Director of Project Management will report to the CSO and provide support for drug development programs from preclinical to clinical stages, including contributing to the design, initiation, and execution of project plans. The Senior Director of Project Management will work within a diverse multidisciplinary team of internal and external contributors to coordinate activities, maintain project timelines, identify potential project-related risks and delays, and assist in development and execution of strategies for their mitigation. The candidate should be an experienced project manager in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry with a proven track record of successful project execution in drug discovery/development.
- Partners with Product Team Leads (PTL) and Product Team members, to create and manage integrated strategic development plans that define goals, milestones, decision points, critical path, timeline, risks, assumptions, alternative scenarios, and budgets through effective utilization of key project management tools.
- Creates meeting agendas in collaboration with PTL, plans and facilitates project team meetings and writes minutes.
- Communicates, documents and archives project team activities and decisions. Acts as a primary contact for project team related information.
- Oversees and prepares project team budget including resources and costs, collaborating with Finance and other cross-functional departments.
- Bachelor's degree required (preferably with Masters, PhD or MD).
- At least 5 years direct project management experience in biotech industry, supporting early- to late- stage development projects, including IND filing and clinical trial activities.
- Drug Development knowledge with good understanding of functions relevant to the position including: Research, Preclinical, Clinical, CMC, and Regulatory.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Experience using Project Management software to manage complex project timelines and resources. Proficient in MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and strong written and verbal communications.
Salary and Benefits:
- Base pay and stock options to be determined based on application qualifications with the aim of being competitive with similar roles in the area.
- Significant growth opportunity as the company expands.
Applicants whose qualifications and experience most closely match the requirements of the position will be reviewed. Candidates will only be contacted for evaluative discussions. For more information, please visit https://www.teontherapeutics.com/