Vir is a clinical-stage immunology company with a compelling mission; “A World Without Infectious Disease”. We are focused on combining immunologic insights with innovative technologies. We have assembled four technology platforms that are designed to stimulate and improve the immune system by exploiting critical observations of natural immune processes. Our current development pipeline consists of product individuals targeting hepatitis B virus, influenza A, SARS-CoV-2, human immunodeficiency virus and tuberculosis.
We believe the success of our colleagues drives the success of our Mission. We have an ongoing commitment to creating a company passionate about equality, inclusion, and respect. When everyone feels supported and encouraged to give at their best, we will collectively deliver outstanding results.
Vir Biotechnology is seeking a highly motivated and collaborative new team member in Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics (Scientist to Senior Scientist). Reporting to the Director of DMPK, this role will participate in discovery and translational research efforts aimed at characterizing the ADME/PK properties of small and large molecules. She/he will be an integral part of a highly collaborative group, working closely with discovery and development teams such as Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmacology, Toxicology and Clinical Pharmacology. She/he will manage discovery and nonclinical development activities, participate to regulatory submissions supporting activities, and represent DMPK during team meetings and discussions.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES:
- Evaluate the ADME/PK properties of in-house candidates by performing in-house- and/or managing outsourced studies (e.g. routine in vitro screens, in vivo PK, biological samples bioanalysis); review data; identify and troubleshoot technical/scientific issues.
- Ensure adherence to the highest quality standards and quick turnaround times.
- Present and discuss data, write reports, support regulatory filing efforts.
- Maintain good electronic records and upload data into company databases.
- Author protocols, procedures and templates; contribute to departmental SOPs.
- Introduce new techniques, the implementation of protocols and the addition of new capabilities where appropriate.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant DMPK literature, perform and share results of adequate publication searches.
- Collaborate with various functions within Research and Development, and actively participate in multidisciplinary teams.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS/MS with 5-8 years industry experience or PhD with 1-2 years industry experience preferred.
- Strong hands-on experience in a wide variety of in vitro and in vivo ADME/PK routine assays, in analytical method development as well as quantitative and qualitative bio-analysis.
- Up-to-date knowledge of techniques and methodologies in DMPK; understanding of ADME/PK principles and of the strategies employed to support candidate selection at the various stages of drug discovery and preclinical development.
- Prior experience working in project teams and participating to regulatory filings.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with biopharmaceuticals desirable but not required.
Vir’s compensation and benefits are aligned with the current market and commensurate with the person’s experience and qualifications. All full-time employees receive a package that includes: compensation, bonus and equity as well as many other Vir benefits and perks such as: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits, non-accrual paid time off, one Friday a month paid-time off, company shut down for holidays, commuter benefits, child care reimbursement, education reimbursement, 401K match and lunch for all lab essential personnel!
Vir is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact Human Resources to request accommodation.
Vir Human Resources leads recruitment and employment for Vir. Unsolicited resumes sent to Vir from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Vir and do not obligate Vir to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.