Lab Service Manager
Summary: Manages lab services and staff within client locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understands how R & D laboratories function and has a proven track record of supporting those activities at various complexity levels.
- Provides day to day oversight and management of the lab staff (Lab Service, Media Prep and Cell Culture Team), tasked with providing the following services:
- Glassware retrieval, cleaning, autoclaving, and distribution
- Distributing/purging lab coats and stocking safety glasses in airlocks
- Maintaining levels of common laboratory plastic consumables
- Dry Ice/ Nitrogen distribution
- Preventive Maintenance on Centrifuges, freezers, incubators, waterbaths, etc
- Maintaining inventory of common media, reagents and chemicals
- Routine and One-off Buffer/Solution preparation and distribution
- Cell isolation and maintenance, Cell thaws and freeze downs, plate preparation
- After hours on-call management (Research)
- Ensures staff is compliant with all contractual, safety and job-specific regulations.
- Responsible for process improvements, reporting and implementation of new improvement initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- R&D lab experience.
- Strong organizational and verbal/written skills.
- Self-Motivated to implement systems in place when needed
- Strong communication skills to engage with the client and the ability to work with a collaborative team
- Proficient with Microsoft applications as well as enthusiastic to learn other lab software/applications
- Establishing vendor connections
- Bachelor’s Degree in the Life Sciences ( Biology, Chemistry, etc) or experience in a lab / managing role for 2+ years
Preferred but not required:
- Experience with 5S and Lean concepts
- Familiarity with Electronic Logbook
- Knowledge of Cell Culture or Media Prep background information