Advanced Specialist-Vector Biology Focus
Advanced Specialist-Vector Biology Focus
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 96,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
“A long-lasting career at 3M comes from having vision, imagination and the ability to see what doesn’t exist. 3Mers are groundbreaking innovators and it’s important that we give every person the space for disruptive and creative thinking.” – John Banovetz, senior vice president and chief technology officer at 3M
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As a Advanced Specialist-Vector Biology Focus, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Filling a technical leadership role on 3M’s team that is driving the development of biopharma processing technologies to purify viral vectors in accordance with regulations and industry practices. Includes execution on existing programs, identification of new project opportunities, and provision of technical leadership and expertise for vector method optimization, purification, and analytical assays.
- Interfacing with customers and potential external collaborators to identify opportunities for 3M.
- Developing a strategic vision for 3M in the purification of additional biologics pertinent to Cell & Gene Therapy and other emerging therapeutics.
- Interfacing with 3M business leadership to establish alignment across the organization, and collaborating with 3M’s business laboratories for product development and commercialization.
- Protect 3M intellectual property through the filing of new patent applications, publish in top-tier scientific journals, and present at appropriate conferences.
For additional information, please visit: https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-us/about-3m/research-development/
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M requires (at a minimum) the following qualifications:
- PhD degree (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Three (3) years of combined experience working with Adeno-Associated Virus (AAV) and/or Lentiviral Vectors in a private, public, government or military environment
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- PhD degree in Cell Biology, Immunology, Molecular Biology, Virology, or related discipline from an accredited institution
- Five (5) years of experience working with AAV or lentiviral vectors in an industrial environment, with experience developing a robust preclinical data package for biologicals, from concept through the Biologics License Application (BLA)
- Expertise in the development of assays for vector characterization with strong background in mammalian and/or insect cell culture/cell engineering
- Strong scientific and technical acumen, with demonstrated interest and ability to make connections between science/technology and real-world concerns
- Ability to deal with the ambiguity of early-stage scouting and evaluation of new opportunities and the flexibility to change direction as additional information becomes available
Travel: May include up to 10% (domestic)
Relocation Assistance: May be authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
Responsibilities of this position include that corporate policies, procedures and security standards are complied with while performing assigned duties.
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.