Technical Project Manager
The National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) is looking for a Technical Project Manager to coordinate the full software development lifecycle (SDLC) in
a scientific environment, including defining technical and functional requirements, quality control planning, implementation, upgrades, and integration with
existing NCBI systems through Agile Process methodology. Position includes daily coordination of complex technical projects dealing with scientific and
genomic data. Participate in and provide technical and administrative expertise to software development projects. Responsible for software/system design
and specifications, system implementation and integration, and testing.
NCBI is part of the National Library of Medicine (NLM) at the National Institutes of Health (NIH). NCBI is the world's premier biomedical center hosting
over six million daily users that seek research, clinical, genetic, and other information that directly impacts biomedical research and public health - at NCBI
you can literally help to accelerate cures for diseases! NCBI's wide range of applications, platforms (node, python, Django, C++, you name it) and
environments (big data [petabytes], machine learning, multiple clouds) serve more users than almost any other US Government Agency according to https:/
Duties & Responsibilities
- Tracking milestones, and producing deliverables
- Balances risks, schedules, and resources
- Coordinates cross-functional teams of various sizes with diverse technical skills sets
- Advises senior management on technical issues
- Communicates project issues to stakeholders and senior management
- Formal education (minimum: Bachelor's degree) in Computer Science or related field.
- Requires at least 3 years of project management experience and at least 5 years of experience developing software and/or managing the
- Strong Technical Knowledge of software application development
- Experience managing software development projects using Agile methodology
- Experience managing external vendors and vendor contracts
- Experience coordinating work across multiple teams and departments
- Effective verbal and written communications
- Experience in delivery of complex enterprise level software development projects
- Master's degree preferred
- Experience with scientific or biological data a plus
- Experience as software development technical lead
- Experience working with large databases, statistical analysis, and clinical data
- Experience in a research and development (R&D) environment with demonstrated ability to analyze problems and propose multiple solutions
- Experience with large distributed systems and cloud computing
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you'll get...
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals - we've got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.