Technical Services Research Associate III
BioSpace has been engaged to help our client, a vivarium services company, add a Technical Services Research Associate III for its South San Francisco location. The candidate will be responsible for and perform technical tasks for in vivo research studies and/or support studies.
· Independently perform preclinical in vivo research activities & studies on small to medium sized animals, which may require surgery, necropsy, test article administration, and blood and tissue collection for analysis.
· Verify proper formulation of solutions for dosing.
· Perform data collection, entry, and analysis; computer and mathematical applications.
· Labeling and organizing supplies needed for each study and ensuring they are available when needed at our outside in vivo facility.
· Prepares, collects, and records research data and specimens in compliance with applicable regulations and SOPs. Responsible for monitoring research animals housed in animal facilities; maintains clinical records.
· Understand and ensure compliance with IACUC protocols.
· Manage, organize, and maintain inventory of samples from studies, shipping manifests, chemicals, and storage areas
· Perform routine and moderately complex animal husbandry tasks and monitor daily health and welfare.
· In a matrix environment, collaborate with team members and coordinate assigned activities with other teams to ensure timely completion.
· Review study reports, provide feedback on accuracy of materials and report results to senior research staff.
· Performs assigned technical duties and services in support of the Operations department. Maintains inventory of pharmaceutical, surgical, and animal-related supplies.
· Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and move heavy objects and be able to work from a standing position for prolonged time periods and perform repetitive motion tasks.
*Must be available to support weekend, holiday, emergency, and after-hour operational responsibilities.
Education & Experience Needed:
· 2-year degree in basic science, animal science, or veterinary science is required.
· AALAS-LAT certification is required