Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist
As part of the Human Resources team, the Human Resources Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist will be responsible for leading the staffing efforts of Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies Texas, LLC (FDBT) and building a strong workforce that adds to the company's bottom line. This highly skilled Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist should possess knowledge of employment and labor laws, have a deep understanding of the organization, its staffing needs, and possess strong interpersonal and communication skills. The HR Specialist will be expected to find potential candidates, screen, recruit, interview, and recommend the candidate for placement. The Senor Talent Acquisition Specialist must be able to match candidate talents and qualifications for specific jobs in the biotechnology field. The process of recruiting may involve both internal and external sourcing methods, thereby requiring the Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist to be adept at understanding where and how to locate candidates; able to source potential candidates through the local university and through various social media sites (e.g., LinkedIn), job boards, employee referral programs, state employment agencies, recruiting firms, etc.
- Partner with the FDBT HR Team, Corporate Talent Acquisition Manager, and hiring managers to determine staffing needs.
- Review resumes ensuring candidate meets appropriate qualifications for the position prior to sending to hiring manager for review.
- Conduct Zoom, in-person and phone interviews with candidates and determine if candidate should move to the next step in the process.
- Assist the Hiring Manager and interview teams develop appropriate, job specific interview questions.
- May assist with performing reference and background checks.
- Make recommendations to hiring managers.
- Coordinate interviews with the hiring managers and schedule travel requirements for candidates.
- Follow up on the interview process status with candidates and managers.
- Maintain relationships with both internal and external clients to ensure staffing goals are achieved.
- Communicate employer information and benefits during screening process.
- Stay current on the company's organization structure, personnel policies, and federal and state laws regarding employment practices.
- Participate in new hire orientations.
- Serve as a liaison with area employment agencies, colleges, and industry associations.
- May be required to conduct exit interviews.
- Assist with 30/60/90 day “Stay-On” interviews.
- Sourcing a variety of functional and technical roles, and reviewing profiles against position requirements for submission to hiring managers.
- Providing complete, accurate, and inspiring information to candidates about the company and career opportunities at FDB.
- Preparing candidates for interviews by providing detailed information on the company, along with setting feedback and timeline expectations.
- Organizing, leading and documenting post-interview debrief/feedback sessions with interview teams, and communication with candidates.
- Extending offers of employment to selected candidates in accordance with the guidelines of FDBT HR and our compensation policies, including but not limited to: articulating compensation package to candidates, selection, offer, negotiation, closing, and administrative components
- Consistently maintaining the integrity of the recruiting process and the applicant tracking system/data to ensure 100% compliance at all times.
- Developing an understanding of FDB's competencies and frameworks to effectively qualify candidates.
- Demonstrate and enforce FDB's dedication and commitment to the recruitment and inclusion of a diverse workforce.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Must be proficient with standard office equipment and software (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other HR specific software applications).
- Ability to cold call and network with potential candidates and leaders of industry associations to solidify potential sourcing pipeline.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Detail oriented and accurate.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work with department managers, leadership team, local community leaders/ representatives.
- Demonstrated strong active listening skills to hear what the hiring manager needs and hear things from candidate interviews that may be beneficial to the position or that may be potential red flags.
- Good decision making skills.
- Ability to not only find and attract the most qualified candidates but also be able to identify future staffing needs and correctly assess the right candidates for the job.
- Aware of recruitment standards, industry trends, and competitor practices.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work assignments with little supervision.
- Working knowledge of federal and state employment law.
- Problem solving skills.
- Must read, write and speak clearly.
- Professional appearance, attitude, demeanor.
- Customer service orientation.
- An ability to manage competing demands and to deliver qualified talent within tight timeframes.
- Creative approach to recruiting.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Experience prolonged sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping and stretching.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment is required.
- Attendance is required.
To be considered for this opportunity, you should possess:
- Bachelor of Science preferably in Human Resources or related field and 6 years' of relevant Human Resources / Recruiting experience; or
- High School Diploma or GED, and 10 years' of relevant related experience; AND
- A strong ability to proactively execute on and prioritize searches to successfully deliver top talent against tight deadlines, and the ability to grow and cultivate extensive candidate pipelines and talent communities that align to our business plans and strategies. In addition, should have a proven track record of successfully recruiting and hiring candidates that possess the qualities and background that align with FDB's mission and vision statements.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
If an accommodation to the application process is needed, please e-mail FDBTHR@fujifilm.com or call 979-431-3500.